Office Bar 2

J

johnb

I am starting a new thread on this place as the original one had become long and messy.

I couldn't make the opening night so went along there for lunch today. I knew where it was and so didn't need google maps, gps or even Nomad's map!

Spacious and comfortable bar that can seat maybe 25 inside and a further 20 outside. Good TV system showing Fox Sports and BBC World News when I was there. Good air con. Pool table.

I was there between 12h30 and 13h00. There were 3 farangs having a brunch when I arrived. Service quick, friendly and attentive.

They haven't yet had menus printed and so dishes available were written on some blackboards. The farang foods were put there in English and the Thai foods in Thai.

I went for the most farang of meals, chicken and mushroom pie, chips and beans, washed down with a large Leo and followed up with an espresso. 275 baht. Food good. Next time I will try the Thai food.

Had a chat with Paul and his wife and wished them well in their new venture. I have known this place for some years and seen the various incarnations of the bar/restaurant. This current one looks to me to be the most likely to achieve long term success, not least because it is being run, hands on, by Paul and his wife.

It is certainly a good addition to what is available in Surin and a worthy contender for the venue of the next SF get-together.

I am starting a new thread on this place as the original one had become long and messy.

I couldn't make the opening night so went along there for lunch today. I knew where it was and so didn't need google maps, gps or even Nomad's map!

Spacious and comfortable bar that can seat maybe 25 inside and a further 20 outside. Good TV system showing Fox Sports and BBC World News when I was there. Good air con. Pool table.

I was there between 12h30 and 13h00. There were 3 farangs having a brunch when I arrived. Service quick, friendly and attentive.

They haven't yet had menus printed and so dishes available were written on some blackboards. The farang foods were put there in English and the Thai foods in Thai.

I went for the most farang of meals, chicken and mushroom pie, chips and beans, washed down with a large Leo and followed up with an espresso. 275 baht. Food good. Next time I will try the Thai food.

Had a chat with Paul and his wife and wished them well in their new venture. I have known this place for some years and seen the various incarnations of the bar/restaurant. This current one looks to me to be the most likely to achieve long term success, not least because it is being run, hands on, by Paul and his wife.

It is certainly a good addition to what is available in Surin and a worthy contender for the venue of the next SF get-together.

John,

Paul told me they would be opening at 8 a.m. each morning. I didn't notice anything on the chalk boards the other night when I was there that looked like breakfast. Did you see if they had egg dishes (English breakfast) and such available for morning breakfast? I'm fairly certain they'll be using Stafford's sausages and back bacon and such, pies too, same as we do for our English breakfasts and pies. Consistent, tasty and quality products. They used to carry Gary's products in the 108 freezers before.

Mike

John,

Paul told me they would be opening at 8 a.m. each morning. I didn't notice anything on the chalk boards the other night when I was there that looked like breakfast. Did you see if they had egg dishes (English breakfast) and such available for morning breakfast? I'm fairly certain they'll be using Stafford's sausages and back bacon and such, pies too, same as we do for our English breakfasts and pies. Consistent, tasty and quality products. They used to carry Gary's products in the 108 freezers before.

Mike

You are correct, Mike, no mention of breakfasts on the board but the farangs brunching appeared to be having bacon and egg style food.

John,

Mike

I understand that Nookie delivered a consignment at the weekend.

You are correct, Mike, no mention of breakfasts on the board but the farangs brunching appeared to be having bacon and egg style food.

11536147_10153364775939720_5039242533905873993_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/407517272743217/?ref=br_tf

Back