Passport renewal for Thai citizen, Buriram

lightfoot

Surin Legend
Friday 22 July 2022,
Mrs. renewed her Thai passport in Buriram, arrived at the extend parking lot of McDonald's 8:20 AM. She took her old passport ,Thai ID to the facility about 50 m from where I parked.
Back in the truck at 9 AM with her old passport in hand. Staff she works we're helpful, said she would get the new password in the mail.
Cost 1500 baht passport. Mail service 40 baht.

The downside, McDonald's didn't open until 10 AM. Dam, I want to partake at the Golden Arches. McDonald's is not my go to place normally.
I wanted to try this McDonald's out located in a upscale shopping Mall area next to the football stadium, International race track & etc.
Would've been a novelty living in the Surin area.

Friday 22 July 2022,
Mrs. renewed her Thai passport in Buriram, arrived at the extend parking lot of McDonald's 8:20 AM. She took her old passport ,Thai ID to the facility about 50 m from where I parked.
Back in the truck at 9 AM with her old passport in hand. Staff she works we're helpful, said she would get the new password in the mail.

The downside, McDonald's didn't open until 10 AM. Dam, I want to partake at the Golden Arches. McDonald's is not my go to place normally.
I wanted to try this McDonald's out located in a upscale shopping Mall area next to the football stadium, International race track & etc.
My gals got their passports back in the mail already, yesterday. Did it this past Wednesday.
I was disappointed they had no 'breakfast' menu. I like the egg McMuffins if they are on an English muffin and not a burger bun as they used to serve when McD's first came to Thailand. But was happy to see they now serve the quarter pounder with cheese and the filet of fish. Did you notice the liquor shop by the passport office? Huge selection of spirits.

Last edited:
My gals got their passports back in the mail already, yesterday. Did it this past Wednesday.
I was disappointed they had no 'breakfast' menu. I like the egg McMuffins if they are on an English muffin and not a burger bun as they used to serve when McD's first came to Thailand. But was happy to see they now serve the quarter pounder with cheese and the filet of fish. Did you notice the liquor shop by the passport office? Huge selection of spirits.
Liquor store was one of the first things that caught my eye, wasn't sure if it was just a wine store maybe they were two ?
Drove around the facilities a little bit looking for a restaurant open, everything was opening at 10 am when we ask the the young men in uniform directing traffic.
I did notice the outlet stores in the complex.
Next trip we made definitely gonna stop at McDonald's and take a better look around the complex.
My impression of Buriram, has a lot more going on than Surin, more money around ?

Liquor store was one of the first things that caught my eye, wasn't sure if it was just a wine store maybe they were two ?
Drove around the facilities a little bit looking for a restaurant open, everything was opening at 10 am when we ask the the young men in uniform directing traffic.
I did notice the outlet stores in the complex.
Next trip we made definitely gonna stop at McDonald's and take a better look around the complex.
My impression of Buriram, has a lot more going on than Surin, more money around ?
I agree, lightfoot, Buriram has it all over Surin as do most other provincial cities. By the way, is that traffic light near Ruamphet hospital still not functioning?

There is a lot of money in Buriram, I believe the guy who built the track is no spendthrift and pumps a lot of money into the town.

I agree, lightfoot, Buriram has it all over Surin as do most other provincial cities. By the way, is that traffic light near Ruamphet hospital still not functioning?

There is a lot of money in Buriram, I believe the guy who built the track is no spendthrift and pumps a lot of money into the town.

It is no coincidence that Air Asia and NOK fly there.

When he first built the stadium, as a biker, he organised a big bike show/party and paid for all the grub for about 3000 of us visitors.

Friday 22 July 2022,

Used that place a few times.

Excellent service, 22 July apply for passport renewal Buriram. 26 July received new passport back in the mail from the postal lady that comes to our village on a motorbike from Prasat where she picks up the mail.
I am with Cent. Sausage egg McMuffin ( English muffin) with a cuppa coffee with about 4 half-and-half small containers. If I patronize the golden arches for breakfast in the US. Shame they don't have them here.

Last edited:
Yes they do. McSHITE in Buriram SUCKS.
So don't eat there.
Excellent service, 22 July apply for passport renewal Buriram. 26 July received new passport back in the mail from the postal lady that comes to our village on a motorbike from Prasat where she picks up the mail.
I am with Cent. Sausage egg McMuffin ( English muffin) with a cuppa coffee with about 4 half-and-half small containers. If I patronize the golden arches for breakfast in the US. Shame they don't have them here.
Can get in Bangkok and Pattaya. Not sure about elsewhere. Khon Kaen has 2 McD's I believe. Though I haven't been there in ages so don't know what's up in them.

So don't eat there.

Can get in Bangkok and Pattaya. Not sure about elsewhere. Khon Kaen has 2 McD's I believe. Though I haven't been there in ages so don't know what's up in them.
Chiang Mai has 10 I know of 6 more on the route back to Kap Chewy. BTW BURIRAM has a MAC SHIT.

I made a mistake, I had a meal at McDonald's in Buriram a few years ago with my then quite young daughters. We have never returned.
I've eaten there in Buriram over the years when in town. All the McD's I have eaten at over the years in BKK and Patts, and even the one on the highway to Patts, as well basically sucked and hadn't much of a clue. But over the years I have seen them improve not only their service but their offerings. They have all come close now to standard McD's fare same as you would get in the states. Hey, it's McD's, wtf do people expect? Fast food cheap (or used to be) and easy when on the move and wanting something quick. Hell, I've had much worse burgers in many non-McD shops all over Thailand. I tell people who bitch about it to just not eat there. It is what it is. You know what you are getting, usually. When I was in the Buriram place I saw they were doing great business, farangs and Thais alike. :)

I made a mistake, I had a meal at McDonald's in Buriram a few years ago with my then quite young daughters. We have never returned.
My eldest daughter and I, upon persistance, ate @McKee 5 years ago, maybe ?
She asked me what I thought.
I replied, " Exactly the same as 25 years ago, like fusking dog shit ".
No wonder Elvis died .

Back