Pi Khraw

Moo Ban

BANNED
I've been informed that tomorrow is Pi Khraw. It's something that happens about every 10 years or so ( sometimes even as long 30 as years ) when the whole Village ( except the very old ) must leave for the day.They go about 08:00 and are allowed back at about 16:00 :astonished:

Anyone else been told they must leave their homes for the day tomorrow or know anything about Pi Khraw :confused:

Last edited:
I remember the last time it happened was about 10 years ago. Most of the Village went out to the rice field for the day . I've been told I don't have to go if I don't want to......... so I probable wont , it will be nice to have some peace and quiet for the day :)

Natty tells me ghosts have invaded your village and are making people say the things . Stay and the neighbours will be able to blame ghosts for your aberrant behavior. Spend the day in the rice field and they will know it is all you. 555

Natty tells me ghosts have invaded your village and are making people say the things . Stay and the neighbours will be able to blame ghosts for your aberrant behavior. Spend the day in the rice field and they will know it is all you. 555
I taught her well then, but I don't remember mentioning Moo Ban????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's. Oh. So quiet
It's. Oh. So still
You're all alone
And so peaceful until................................................

they all fooking come back at 4pm :)

i__m_all_alone_by_therecentlydeceased.jpg
i706045-1621043521142047262.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, Moo. Maybe it's something that the 'poo bans' decide and then dictate individually to their village ....probably at the bequest of a local monk, eh. Funny that.

Anyhow, so I decided to ask my gf if she knew what pee kraw was.
She didn't have a clue.
I told her to get the fark out of the house. :rolleyes:

Now it's very quiet at my home as well. :cool:

Thanks for the heads up, Moo. Maybe it's something that the 'poo bans' decide and then dictate individually to their village ....probably at the bequest of a local monk, eh. Funny that.

Anyhow, so I decided to ask my gf if she knew what pee kraw was.
She didn't have a clue.
I told her to get the fark out of the house. :rolleyes:

Now it's very quiet at my home as well. :cool:

You know what Thais are like....unless your pronunciation is perfect you may as well be speaking Russian.:rolleyes:

I'm really surprised none of SF's members GF's or Wives have heard of Bye Koo-a :confused:

this may help...but I'm not sure.... ไปครัว

Last edited:
You know what Thais are like....unless your pronunciation is perfect you may as well be speaking Russian.:rolleyes:

I'm really surprised none of SF's members GF's or Wives have heard of Bye Koo-a :confused:

this may help...but I'm not sure.... ไปครัว

I can only presume you know that means go to the kitchen. Still none the wiser, though. I don't doubt you for a moment though, there is some weird customs from village to village, most to do with different bad spirit ghosts.

I can only presume you know that means go to the kitchen. Still none the wiser, though. I don't doubt you for a moment though, there is some weird customs from village to village, most to do with different bad spirit ghosts.

Yes I know it means "go to the kitchen"........... From what I can make out it has nothing to do with ghosts, It's a good luck day for the Village, to stop bad things from happening. I asked the wife why no other wives or GF's of the members on SF have heard of it and she told me that sometimes it might only happen every 50 years so they wouldn't know.It just so happens we had one about 10 years ago but the next one could be in 40 years or may even die out .
The Monks also leave the local temple and go with the Villagers to eat before 12 and then sing chants for good luck for the Villagers .It just wasn't our Village but all the Villages in our Tambon and local area. But over time less and less people partake in Bye Koo-a and not so many believing in this very old tradition , especially in the bigger town were working and making money have become more important than old traditional ceremonies .

:rolleyes:Aww fook. I hate when traditions go by the wayside and are no longer adhered to. It's simply the collapse of decent societies. Fookin' modernization sux. Fook the internet. :mad:

Look what happened to the wonderful Aztec and Mayan cultures.
No more cutting the beating hearts out of live prisoners with the priests making a happy meal out of it to give the people renewed strength. ;;grimace;;
No more young virgins being tossed into the volcano to appease the gods of fire and lava. ;;girl;;
No more sacrificing young women for sexual services to worship the gods of fertility and good agronomy. ;;big smile;;

Really a shame what this modern world has wrought. ;;shame;;

(Quite possibly England's paedophile rings keep trying to keep some of those traditions current, eh. :mask: )

:rolleyes:Aww fook. I hate when traditions go by the wayside and are no longer adhered to. It's simply the collapse of decent societies. Fookin' modernization sux. Fook the internet. :mad:

No more cutting the beating hearts out of live prisoners with the priests making a happy meal out of it to give the people renewed strength. ;;grimace;;
No more young virgins being tossed into the volcano to appease the gods of fire and lava. ;;girl;;
No more sacrificing young women for sexual services to worship the gods of fertility and good agronomy. ;;big smile;;

(Quite possibly England's paedophile rings keep trying to keep some of those traditions current, eh. :mask: )

I thought your Land Of The Free was doing more than good old Blighty to keep such traditions. especially your catholic clergy. In 2004, the John Jay report tabulated a total of 4,392 priests and deacons in the U.S. against whom allegations of sexual abuse had been made. The numbers of reported abuse allegations and court cases has increased worldwide since then.

I thought your Land Of The Free was doing more than good old Blighty to keep such traditions alive. especially your catholic clergy. In 2004, the John Jay report tabulated a total of 4,392 priests and deacons in the U.S. against whom allegations of sexual abuse had been made. The numbers of reported abuse allegations and court cases has increased worldwide since then.

I thought your Land Of The Free was doing more than good old Blighty to keep such traditions alive. especially your catholic clergy. In 2004, the John Jay report tabulated a total of 4,392 priests and deacons in the U.S. against whom allegations of sexual abuse had been made. The numbers of reported abuse allegations and court cases has increased worldwide since then.
And our dear Cardinal George Pell denied any knowledge of said abuse even though, he was one of the Bishops that frequently shifted these rock spider priests around to hide it.

Back