Pressure pump's

Gues i need a tank even if i use water from the village?
A pressure pump will suck the PVC "dry"i gues , is that correct?
:confused:

For the past 8 years I have used a pressure pump to take water from a 2100 litre tank, the tank is/was topped up from the town's water supply, and I have taken the water supply for granted. A good water supply every day for the house and garden. Last month we moved into a new house and I disconnected the water tank to take to the new property. I thought I would do the same as everyone else around the old house and leave the pump connected to the town's water supply until we moved. What a difference. The pump soon pumped the PVC pipes dry and the water supply was, at best intermittent and, at worse, non-existent. I do not know how so many people can be happy to plug a pump into the town's (or village) water supply without a holding tank. Depending on where you live, and villages are possibly worse than the town's supply, I guess you get good water over a 24 hour period but not every hour of the 24 hours. The worst time I have found is from 0600 to 1200 when the water pressure is very low. Not very good when people come home from work either.

CS - from my experience you will need a tank to ensure a good water supply to the house (and garden).

CS - from my experience you will need a tank to ensure a good water supply to the house (and garden).

Thanx for your answer Mr.Nomad , ive´been thinking of a tank too but now when the house is "nearly finished" (chough) every thing have to happend at the same time! Cry3.

Gues i can install a pressure pump first then and go for the tank later as im fed up with the people who work here now.

Kicked most of the workers , only have 2 left who come and "visit" some time , the local guys were good at digging , concrete , tailing and stuff but when it came to bathrooms , sink in the kitchen , stove etc. i got scarred. haha

Told wife it will leak every where when we turn the water on and it did (i win) but it meant i had to do it all over again by my self. (sigh) I also do the paint job my self so i can only be mad at me and nobody else.

Only a few more workingdays left for them now but that will be after the electritian is finished .. where ever he is the drunken *******?!

I agree with Nomad completely. For my first 9 years here I relied on a well pump because the town supply was virtually non-existent except over night. My wife finally persuaded me to install town water which now fills a 1,000 litre tank (via a ballcock) from which I pump. My neighbour pumps into his tank which by necessity has to be 5 metres high to provide any kind of head. I have always been reluctant to pump from an intermittent supply because in my younger days, most centrifugal water pumps impellers could be easily damaged by cavitation. Maybe the newer pumps don't suffer this way.

Back