Private Well

P

Pano78

Dear Surin Farang

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I am new to this Forum as I am to Surin.I would appreciate to get in contact with members that have been here for a longer period and have ''the big picture''.

My wife and I life in a small village beetween Prasat and Surin,surrounded by Ricefields and more Ricefields.

We would like to build a well that serves the House and Garden/Farm. We don't have to much of an idea about it but thought about going down 50-60 meters to catch clean water, probably 10-15 cm wide and get a strong pump to deliver enough volume.

My wife is looking arround for companies capable of doing that Job.We don't know anyone who could recommend a good one. Can you???

Well,I'm back in Switzerland at work and can't give her a hand.Can you recommend a comp. that can offer a package including water measurements?? Should be now in the dry season. Thank you for your help.

Have a good start into your Weekend.

Paul

Hi Paul, I am not home as well, but I'm Prakhonchai Nick can give you the phone number of the guy that lives near PhanomRung. He has dug 3 or 4 wells for me and he keeps going until he gets good water flow. A beat up old pick up, but does a good job.

Over to you Nick.

Hi Pano

Welcome to SF.

The guy who installed my deep bore well, and others in my village, lives near Phanom Rung as Adam has said.

It's quite a way to your house, but he may be be prepared to go that far.

His number is 081 730 2126.

Price locally including a deep well pump is around 15,0000baht.

Good luck.

Hi Pano

Welcome to SF.

The guy who installed my deep bore well, and others in my village, lives near Phanom Rung as Adam has said.

It's quite a way to your house, but he may be be prepared to go that far.

His number is 081 730 2126.

Price locally including a deep well pump is around 15,0000baht.

Good luck.

The price nicks gave you is correct as I just had another well put in. This is only a 2 inch borehole and if you want to go to a six inch its about 50,000 baht. I'm down in Kap Choeng just south of you about 27 km and I'll guaranty you have well drillers in Prasat. Your better off dealing with a local your wife needs to ask about.

The well I put in cost 3000 baht for drilling. Went down to 180 feet waters is at 15 feet. The pump is a jet pump which I purchased at Home Pro in Surin. for 9600 baht. My driller will do a 6 inch for 18000 baht.

Last edited:
I did a 6 inch bore, 37 metres deep with an American made submersible pump and from memory (12 years ago) cost as GL said, 50,000 baht. You will get water at half the depth, but it's very brackish and should be avoided.

The price nicks gave you is correct as I just had another well put in. This is only a 2 inch borehole and if you want to go to a six inch its about 50,000 baht. I'm down in Kap Choeng just south of you about 27 km and I'll guaranty you have well drillers in Prasat. Your better off dealing with a local your wife needs to ask about.

The well I put in cost 3000 baht for drilling. Went down to 180 feet waters is at 15 feet. The pump is a jet pump which I purchased at Home Pro in Surin. for 9600 baht. My driller will do a 6 inch for 18000 baht.

The driller I used, 2 times, and yes he does go into Surin number is 0860394763

I did a 6 inch bore, 37 metres deep with an American made submersible pump and from memory (12 years ago) cost as GL said, 50,000 baht. You will get water at half the depth, but it's very brackish and should be avoided.

Yes that's what we did but we ended up at 65 metre but same 6 inch American pump , don't go for the Chinees copy's guys 1 to 2 years they will break .
I think we paid around 60.000 or a little more for hole and pump .
Mr Surin is correct pay more and cleaner water and don't get cheap pumps

Yes that's what we did but we ended up at 65 metre but same 6 inch American pump , don't go for the Chinees copy's guys 1 to 2 years they will break .
I think we paid around 60.000 or a little more for hole and pump .
Mr Surin is correct pay more and cleaner water and don't get cheap pumps

And you need a a holding tank and pressure pump so theres another 20,000 baht.

And you need a a holding tank and pressure pump so theres another 20,000 baht.

2 storage tanks. First to hold the water from the bore, then the filters, then the filtered water in the 2nd tank and pressure pump to the house.

Mods, there is some very good and useful information on 'Private Wells'. May I suggest you move the entire thread to "Homes and Garden" so that we can more easily find it in the future.

Welcome, I did a 6" hole and set 4" casing for the first 8 metres. Drilled to a depth of 60 metres. It is open hole after the first 8 metres. The formation after the first 8 metres is a shale like rock so the hole holds open without requiring casing. I put in a 1 1/2hp submersible pump. It was an American made Red Jacket pump/motor combination. It produces approximately 25- 30 gallon per minute at surface in open flow. Maybe a bit more. About 2 years ago was 12000 for the drilling and about 13000 for all the pump, pvc deivery and bore cap and electrics. Have no problems at all. You are certainly better off using a submersible than a jet pump. You get to use all water the pump produces as to a jet pump/ shallow well pump that returns 30% back down the hole to enable the ventury to assist the lifting of the water. Consequently, inefficient pumping. The only thing I would change is that I would use 1 1/2" black poly pipe for the delivery pipe from the submersible to the surface. I have 1 1/2" pvc as the delivery pipe but there is always the chance of fitting failure. Touch wood all is ok so far. In the near future I will be pulling the submersible out and changing it. Sorry I cannot remember the guy who did it as I am in Vietnam at the moment and cannot ask the wife. We are half way between Surin and Lamduan. The water has a ph of 7-7.2 which is good. Use it on our frog/fish farm and use it staight into the swimming pool. If anything I can help you with then let me know. I was doing water boring in Australia prior coming to LOS.

Welcome, I did a 6" hole and set 4" casing for the first 8 metres. Drilled to a depth of 60 metres. It is open hole after the first 8 metres. The formation after the first 8 metres is a shale like rock so the hole holds open without requiring casing. I put in a 1 1/2hp submersible pump. It was an American made Red Jacket pump/motor combination. It produces approximately 25- 30 gallon per minute at surface in open flow. Maybe a bit more. About 2 years ago was 12000 for the drilling and about 13000 for all the pump, pvc deivery and bore cap and electrics. Have no problems at all. You are certainly better off using a submersible than a jet pump. You get to use all water the pump produces as to a jet pump/ shallow well pump that returns 30% back down the hole to enable the ventury to assist the lifting of the water. Consequently, inefficient pumping. The only thing I would change is that I would use 1 1/2" black poly pipe for the delivery pipe from the submersible to the surface. I have 1 1/2" pvc as the delivery pipe but there is always the chance of fitting failure. Touch wood all is ok so far. In the near future I will be pulling the submersible out and changing it. Sorry I cannot remember the guy who did it as I am in Vietnam at the moment and cannot ask the wife. We are half way between Surin and Lamduan. The water has a ph of 7-7.2 which is good. Use it on our frog/fish farm and use it staight into the swimming pool. If anything I can help you with then let me know. I was doing water boring in Australia prior coming to LOS.

My 6inch bore and submersible has worked well for the past 15 years. Only went down 38 metres. This size bore must be registered and 500 baht tax paid every 2 years. The office is close to the Lands Office in town.

My 6inch bore and submersible has worked well for the past 15 years. Only went down 38 metres. This size bore must be registered and 500 baht tax paid every 2 years. The office is close to the Lands Office in town.

I didn't know of that one Surin, Is that only for above 6 inch?. Well at least it is not metered like some places in Aust. Slightly different subject. I have heard of Farangs with no idea, sinking wells then proceeding to suck the district dry. They think it is an inexhaustible resource.

Hi Surin, I may have not explained well but drilled a 6" hole but is cased with 4". All they will see is 4" casing out of the ground. Do you have to register a 4" bore well? This is all new news to me as have never heard of any of this. Not informed by driller or head of village that had the same done.

Hi Surin, I may have not explained well but drilled a 6" hole but is cased with 4". All they will see is 4" casing out of the ground. Do you have to register a 4" bore well? This is all new news to me as have never heard of any of this. Not informed by driller or head of village that had the same done.

Yep Mate...they'll come around and inspect your bore one day and then back charge you. I think the contractor reports the work to them and forgets to tell you about it...especially if you're farang. It's a 6 inch bore with a 4 inch casing.

Back