putting in water bins

whoppr78

I'm thinking of putting water storage or bins for the shower and water supply.My GF has someone who wants to put 2 bins,one for storage and one for use.I don't understand plus a pump.It seem excessive for small house.He wants about 15000 for total job does that sound right.I would think one bin,above ground, and pump would be enough.Unfortuately she already talk to man and she would lose face if I go with some one else.But I could get man to do what I want if I knew more about subject.

A good pump will set you back 8-10 grand on it's own do you have a water problem there then if not why do you need to have tanks ?

I just replaced our water pump last month, a Mitsubishi purchased at Global for Bt4950. Storage tanks vary in price depending on size and what they are made of...plastic or stainless.

The forum also had a thread about filters etc about a month ago as well. I don't think the price your wife is telling you sounds out of line, but it certainly depends on what he is going to do for the money.

mario299

A good pump will set you back 8-10 grand on it's own do you have a water problem there then if not why do you need to have tanks ?

Because the city water stops all the time and it's annoying.And the pressure is low which causes the heater to not work.

The thread I mentioned is in the House Building forum section here and titled "Filtering the Village Water Supply". It was posted almost exactly one month ago.

Search for it, there's lots of pictures and information for you.

ThumbUp6
Mario299

A bore + a deep well pump will set you back around 15,000 BAHT.

My bore goes down 44 metres and in the 10 years since it was done I have never had a problem with water. Good pressure even upstairs. No need for any tanks..

And no water bills nick , we have a pump on the farm and the borehole is about 50Mtrs deep the pump cost 5 years ago 7000baht and the borehole cost another 9000Baht and the water pressure is always good , i think in long term that's the way to go.

And no water bills nick , we have a pump on the farm and the borehole is about 50Mtrs deep the pump cost 5 years ago 7000baht and the borehole cost another 9000Baht and the water pressure is always good , i think in long term that's the way to go.

Correct Sangha.

Mine cost 14,000baht 10 years ago. A neighbour had one installed last month for 15,000baht

Correct Sangha.

Mine cost 14,000baht 10 years ago. A neighbour had one installed last month for 15,000baht

I have the same, a bore and pump, but am considering getting a tank and filter to improve the condition of the water.

The tank will be used as storage for when the electric supply stops & pump doesn't work (its happened a few times) plus it can be used as a form of filter by deposits naturally falling to the bottom of the tank instead of clogging up shower heads (other thread refers). The filter will obviously improve the water further.

I thought I'd given up plumbing 8 years ago! Crazy1

I have the same, a bore and pump, but am considering getting a tank and filter to improve the condition of the water.

The tank will be used as storage for when the electric supply stops & pump doesn't work (its happened a few times) plus it can be used as a form of filter by deposits naturally falling to the bottom of the tank instead of clogging up shower heads (other thread refers). The filter will obviously improve the water further.

I thought I'd given up plumbing 8 years ago! Crazy1

A few toothpicks or a needle will soon clean out the shower head, and far cheaper than a tank. If there is a lot of lime or other deposits in the water, then perhaps a tank and filter are required.

Because the city water stops all the time and it's annoying.And the pressure is low which causes the heater to not work.

Sounds like 'Whopper's home' is on a city water system. No need to drill a well.

He just needs a storage tank with enough capacity (let's say two days for the sake of argument) to meet his family's requirements and a pump to get the water from his storage (water holding tank) to his further most faucet , toilet, tap or shower providing ample pressure.
IE: one 2,000 litre tank or two 1,000 litre tanks (to keep GF happy).

Whopper, why don't you inquire as to the size of the tanks she is planning on having installed and the make/ model (size) of the pump. Communication helps...

If 'Whoppers home' is supplied by city water and is one floor it should be a 'no-brainer' without resorting to a drilling well.

Question to Whopper from your last home project: how did the 'mirrored wall' turn out for your home/ GF shoppe on your last trip to LOS ?

{Ask yourself, 'Is this ever going to get any better ?'} Crazy1

There is one draw back from using above ground holding tanks and that is the "head of water" required before the tanks start to fill. Being at the end of the line of the town water supply, so to speak, every one else gets their water before it gets to me. This means I usually have water in the supply pipe but with insufficient pressure to rise up 2 meters to get into my tank. My tank has not been filled for the past 2 days although the 2000+ liters in the tank is usually sufficient to tide us over for nearly a week without running out of water. Therefore, I would recommend that the tanks are buried in the ground to ensure ease of filling or of sufficient size to allow for several days without filling. The other alternative is to insert a pump in the supply line and to suck/pump the water into the tanks when the pressure is low.

There is one draw back from using above ground holding tanks and that is the "head of water" required before the tanks start to fill. Being at the end of the line of the town water supply, so to speak, every one else gets their water before it gets to me. This means I usually have water in the supply pipe but with insufficient pressure to rise up 2 meters to get into my tank. My tank has not been filled for the past 2 days although the 2000+ liters in the tank is usually sufficient to tide us over for nearly a week without running out of water. Therefore, I would recommend that the tanks are buried in the ground to ensure ease of filling or of sufficient size to allow for several days without filling. The other alternative is to insert a pump in the supply line and to suck/pump the water into the tanks when the pressure is low.

I believe it is illegal to fit a pump on the towns main supply side. But when needs must...and TIT (This is Thailand) :smile:

We have mains water running into underground tank ( concrete pipe rings, double thick with concrete inbetween), which is then pumped into the house 'on demand'. As already mentioned, the tank acts as a filter and can easily be cleaned out if required and we've never had shower head or similar problems.
That is backed up by a borehole and surface pump which provides all our outdoor water and can be diverted into the house supply if needed.
Our mains water bill - house and three shop units - is about 1,300 bht a month.

We have mains water running into underground tank ( concrete pipe rings, double thick with concrete inbetween), which is then pumped into the house 'on demand'. As already mentioned, the tank acts as a filter and can easily be cleaned out if required and we've never had shower head or similar problems.
That is backed up by a borehole and surface pump which provides all our outdoor water and can be diverted into the house supply if needed.
Our mains water bill - house and three shop units - is about 1,300 bht a month.

Why not discontinue the towns main supply, and use the bore to fill your tank, which could supply all your needs effectively FREE?

Back