Rapid vaccination taking place in Buriram after province declared rabies outbreak are

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
Rapid vaccination taking place in Buriram after province declared rabies outbreak area

BURIRAM, 28 May 2015 (NNT) – Livestock Department officials in Buriram are rapidly vaccinating dogs and cats in areas deemed at risk of rabies, after the entire province was declared an outbreak area for the disease last week.

The local Livestock Department office is deploying vaccination teams in collaboration with local administrative organizations, in order to curb the spread of rabies.

In Ban Phae sub-district of Khu Mueang district, officials indicated monitoring against the disease was needed as there were some 4,000 dogs and cats in the locale – many of them strays.

In addition to the vaccination service, Livestock Department officials were also providing sterilization service for dogs and cats. Emphasis was being placed on strays, in an attempt to curb the number of stray animals.

Thapanaphong Monthathip, the chief Livestock Department official for Khu Mueang district, said his personnel were experiencing a shortage of budget for procuring vaccines. He urged the local administrative organizations, municipalities and businesses to help procure the required rabies shots for dogs and cats.

-- NNT 2015-05-28
footer_n.gif

This is the unintended consequence of banning of the bucket trucks.

In a country where stray dogs literally run wild and the Buddhist mantra is to let them do so.

This is the unintended consequence of banning of the bucket trucks.

In a country where stray dogs literally run wild and the Buddhist mantra is to let them do so.

No this is the consequence of banning the Vietnam dog meat smugglers.Sorry2

No this is the consequence of banning the Vietnam dog meat smugglers.Sorry2

That's who the bucket trucks were run by, until it became illegal, then they became smugglers GL.

Last edited:
Hope the vaccinations work. My niece (in-law), having two lovely children, was recently vaccinated for birth control purposes. Possibly she is now about to add TWINS to her family! TIT.

Hope the vaccinations work. My niece (in-law), having two lovely children, was recently vaccinated for birth control purposes. Possibly she is now about to add TWINS to her family! TIT.

I live in Buriram province, and my village women gossip about every conceivable thing. But as yet nobody has heard of the rabies outbreak! Or if they have, they dont know what rabies is!

I live in Buriram province, and my village women gossip about every conceivable thing. But as yet nobody has heard of the rabies outbreak! Or if they have, they dont know what rabies is!

Oh they know what Rabies is, try the term Pitsanuck Bar or Lok Ma Bar.

The latter being the common phrase Mad dog decease.

Oh they know what Rabies is, try the term Pitsanuck Bar or Lok Ma Bar.

The latter being the common phrase Mad dog decease.

What's the Thai for something very similar, Mad Cow's Disease? There is a lot of that about and usually more noticeable at that particular time of the month, if you know what I mean. Any chance I can SWMBO vaccinated against that?
EvilLaugh1

If you'd had all those shots against rabies after being bitten by a dog, you wouldn't scoff.

I well remember going down to Maharaj Hospital after one such occasion. The ghoul attending to me (laughingly known as a male nurse) said, "This is going to hurt!", and it did.

Actually it hurt more than the dog bite.

What's the Thai for something very similar, Mad Cow's Disease? There is a lot of that about and usually more noticeable at that particular time of the month, if you know what I mean. Any chance I can SWMBO vaccinated against that?
EvilLaugh1

Pushing your luck a bit Nomad. Hope the wife does not log into SF. Aah, but I forgot, she would forgive you because you are taking her to Nakhom Phanom.

If you'd had all those shots against rabies after being bitten by a dog, you wouldn't scoff.

I well remember going down to Maharaj Hospital after one such occasion. The ghoul attending to me (laughingly known as a male nurse) said, "This is going to hurt!", and it did.

Actually it hurt more than the dog bite.

My daughter was bitten by a dog when we were living in Jomtien. The owner, having a restaurant near the beach, refused to pay for the rabies shots. The police became involved and he eventually, and very reluctantly both coughed up, and chained and muzzled his dog. A few months later he tried, unsuccessfuly, to physically assault me. I repelled his attack.

Two years after that, he rather amazingly bought my house, which he intended to let to tourists. After the first set of Thai tourists stayed there, they complained of ghosts ( my home was next to the Royal Jomtien Hotel which caught fire some 18/20 years ago with the loss of more than 100 lives). People living nearby tell me that nobody has ever stayed in the house since!

Som Nom Na!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...re-kills-78-at-thai-beach-resort-1250217.html

Back