Restriction of liquor sale time takes effect today throughout Thailand

Ah, the good old "lock in" many a happy drunken night spent locked into a pub in the UK in my youth. And somehow we still managed a days work after leaving at around 5 am. Looking forward to the next one.

My most recent experience of a lock-in was in Pattaya some years' ago. Five patrons with five bar staff. The patrons were the ones wearing clothes! The girls danced on the bar and anywhere else for at least 2 hours and a couple of them even presented for haircuts on the bar. Not a bad evening for the cost of a few drinks and a 500 bt tip per patron.

Now, back to the topic . . . . I wandered into a favourite Pattaya supermarket yesterday afternoon at about 3:30pm and bought a carton of smokes, a carton of orange juice and a bottle of Sang Som. Never gave the curfew a thought and neither did the boss or the cashier.

What's this Country coming too?????? Looks like afternoon drinks at.... "Yorky's Archa Afternoon Resort".... Keep the beer delivery driver hopping at least....Cool3Chokdee5

Followed a lady through the checkout at a Marko yesterday just before 3PM. She had no problems buying 10 cases of Singha.

Earlier in this thread, someone posted that the former wholesale exemption (10 litres up) was also now illegal.

When I go to Makro, I usually buy a case of Tiger. If I'm 'out of hours', I buy two cases (and none the next visit). Am I not going to be able to do this any more?

Back