Returning to UK?

Old news, but it confirms that if Brits are in need of, say, medical attention (and are fit to travel back) they will not be turned away.

Old news, but it confirms that if Brits are in need of, say, medical attention (and are fit to travel back) they will not be turned away.

But if you are an expat, and plan to just return to the UK due to some medical problem, the secret is to advise that you are planning to return permanently, to avoid having to pay.

Once fit/cured or whatever, you have a change of mind, and decide to return overseas again.

Not sure if it would work more than once though.

It was posted yesterday on FB by The Consortium of Expat pensioners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll have you know I was a valued, even treasured, member of society
The only one that treasured you was probably your mother. No one else in the British hierarchy gives flying 'what's it' for ex-servicemen. That said, I am pleased to see some recognition slowly emerging that more needs to be done for ex-servicemen I welcome the news that we are to be given ID Cards later this year, with whatever benefits they may have attached, and the recognition that more needs to be done to help our homeless ex-servicemen. I have always contributed to the RAF Benevolent Fund since retiring in 1986. I really do think charity begins at home. Some of the billions spent by the UK on foreign aid would be better spent looking after those who have served their country and have, unfortunately, fallen on hard times since leaving the service.

The only one that treasured you was probably your mother. No one else in the British hierarchy gives flying 'what's it' for ex-servicemen. That said, I am pleased to see some recognition slowly emerging that more needs to be done for ex-servicemen I welcome the news that we are to be given ID Cards later this year, with whatever benefits they may have attached, and the recognition that more needs to be done to help our homeless ex-servicemen. I have always contributed to the RAF Benevolent Fund since retiring in 1986. I really do think charity begins at home. Some of the billions spent by the UK on foreign aid would be better spent looking after those who have served their country and have, unfortunately, fallen on hard times since leaving the service.
Hear hear!
When my mum died, the only flowers permitted were from RAFA, in accordance with her wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back