Roof tiles interesting

Might be a good thing ? View attachment 4619

Saw something similar they are using now in the states. Let me find it again.

Mike

Here they are. These would really fit the roofing style of most homes in Thailand I'd think:

section-soletile.jpg

SRS Energy Sole' Power Tile Photovoltaic Tile System

The SRS Energy Sole' Power Tile Photovoltaic Tile system is designed for integration with clay & concrete roofing tile systems. The Sole' Power Tile is a thin film mission tile profile photovoltaic module, that blends seamlessly into the roof system. SRS Energy has designed the Sole' Power Tile system as a photovoltaic solution for the customer that desires the aesthetics of a clay tile mission profile roof system. Manufactured with triple junction amorphous thin film photovoltaic technology, the Sole' Power Tile is lightweight and provides excellent power production in low and obscured light conditions.

http://www.beachsidesolarhawaii.com/photovoltaic-solar-installation.html

And it seems this company is already well situated in the Pacific and Asia:

About Beachside Solar Technologies

Beachside Solar Technologies is a full service solar electric integrator & developer. A division of Beachside Roofing LLC, the largest commercial roofing contractor in Hawaii and the South Pacific region, we are uniquely positioned and capable of handling the most complex projects.
Beachside Solar Technologies is one of the leading photovoltaic system designers, integrators, developers and financiers in Hawaii, Guam and the Pacific region. We are capable of bringing a complete package to the table:

• Design: our system designers are very experienced in both crystalline and thin film technologies.
  • Engineering: our electrical engineers have industry specific experience, which is reflected in our system designs and drawings.
  • Financing: we have unique relationships with commercial banking and private equity firms that allow us to offer power purchase agreement (PPA), leasing and customized financing options to our customers.
  • Construction: we are capable of fielding experienced crews of all sizes, on multiple projects. We have the largest number of journeyman technicians deployed in the field in Hawaii & Guam.
  • Service: to insure that the photovoltaic system and roof system will perform according to the manufacturers guidelines and warranty requirements, we provide service and maintenance agreements for all of the systems that we design and install.
  • Warranty: we are the authorized warranty station/contractor for many of the photovoltaic systems and components we install. This elimintates any potential problems with warranty claims due to multiple contractors involvement on the install.
With our broad range of capabilities and with crews positioned on Kauai, Oahu, Maui and the Big Island, we are best positioned to handle photovoltaic projects of any size. With the recent opening of our Guam office, we are now able to service Guam, Saipan and CNM Islands, and are poised to perform projects in Korea, Okinawa and elsewhere in Asia.

Last edited:
I bet there from Germany? most of the good construction idea's come from there.

Looking at the pic again, how does the water drain out with all those ridges..

Surely the water would flow diagonally from top right to bottom left of the picture. My guess is that you think the water is flowing from top left to bottom right of the picture. Either that or you are just having a laugh LOL.

Theres a solar factory under construction right now on the 2077. Halfway between Surin and Lam Duan

There in use in Amsterdam and other parts of Euro and are meant to be coming over here soon . Here is a close up
Picture .
The panel is raised above the tile . I believe an Italian invention ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351234003.508158.jpg

Alan, you may need to explain to us lay people the meaning of "triple junction amorphous thin film photovoltaic technology".

Alan, you may need to explain to us lay people the meaning of "triple junction amorphous thin film photovoltaic technology".

For convection cells on the sun's surface, see Granule (solar physics).

A solar cell made from a monocrystalline silicon wafer

Solar cells can be used to build small solar collection devices such as this portable monocrystalline solar charger.

A monocrystalline solar cell
A solar cell (also called a photovoltaic cell) is an electrical device that converts the energy of light directly into electricity by the photovoltaic effect. It is a form of photoelectric cell (in that its electrical characteristics-- e.g. current, voltage, or resistance-- vary when light is incident upon it) which, when exposed to light, can generate and support an electric current without being attached to any external voltage source.

Easy !

I'm impressed by your understanding of advanced physics, AtB. Great stuff. Just testing!

Looked like a cut and paste to me...............:tongue:

The cutting was OK, but the pasting was disjointed (a bit of a giveaway!)

I am still somewhat unsure so will probably go to Global World or IQ and ask about the new tiles that employ "triple junction amorphous thin film photovoltaic technology". Their employees should be able to explain it all in words of one syllable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back