Route 214 Diner

Discussion in 'Route 214 Diner' started by rob.doc, Nov 11, 2015.

1. rob.doc

rob.doc Surin Legend

cheers Johnb
    a pleasure to see you again, don't be a stranger.
    maybe we should arrange a tennis meet one day ?

johnb likes this.
  2. rob.doc

rob.doc Surin Legend

Maybe I should explain.
    "don't be a stranger "is a traditional west coast of Scotland saying to friends and family to express you have not seen them regularly enough for your liking !

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    johnb and nomad97 like this.
  3. johnb

johnb Surin Legend

We can certainly do that, Rob. With your 7 day restaurant schedule you will just have to arrange a little tennis window and let me know!

rob.doc likes this.
  4. mahdam

mahdam Surin Legend

Stopped in at the 214 Diner yesterday afternoon for a beer. Met Rob and his charming wife.
    Back again for a cracking breakfast this morning. Will be back again for sure, next time we are in Surin.
    Good luck to you both in your new venture.

5. rob.doc

rob.doc Surin Legend

cheers Mahdam, it was a pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife, hope to see you again next time you are in town.

take care

6. AussieBill

AussieBill Surin Legend

Came looking for your Diner last evening accompanied by a farang friend, but obviously didn't read the map carefully enough. Tried driving half a kilometre along every direction from Robinson without luck. Even tried standing outside the entrance to Starbucks (the only way I would ever bother going so close to there), but that seems to face the wrong way from your joint.

Sorry you missed two hungry customers who had to carry on to the Green Terrace, en route to the excitement (for my mate) of the Red Cross Fair.

Think I will find you at the next attempt.

nomad97 likes this.
  7. mahdam

mahdam Surin Legend

Rob, we also missed you on our first attempt to find you. Another sign facing in the opposite direction
    Would help for sure.

8. Coffee

Coffee Guest

^^^ For a world traveler...I can't believe I'm reading this. Mahdam , please. :fearscream:

mahdam and nomad97 like this.
  9. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

It was intimated that I must be a bit of an eejit in not being able to find Rob's old place. I drove straight to this new one (it's virtually impossible to miss!).

(Perhaps you need a guy on the roadside waving a flag or flashing light Rob).

SurinJoe likes this.
  10. Coffee

Coffee Guest

It's called the 214 Diner for a reason - because it's on the 214 'ring-road'...duh.

If you drove from Robinson Mall heading towards IQ and Thai Watsadu on the 214 ring-road - the shoppe is in the first commercial complex less than 100 metres from exiting Robinson's property line.

Note: IT is NOT on Hwy 226 !

Yorky and nomad97 like this.
  11. nomad97

nomad97 Ordinary member

Obviously, with his complete lack of map reading skills he was never in the Boy Scouts.

12. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

Ah but one must remember that there are two 214's in Surin (although the other one is nowhere near Lobinson's).

13. Coffee

Coffee Guest

^^^ Please Yorky , don't confuse our forum members any further...please show compassion and understanding. :innocent:

Yorky likes this.
  14. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

If they ever get around to completing the final 25% of the ring road, that will likely be another 214!

15. AussieBill

AussieBill Surin Legend

Ah, the ever-pragmatic Coffee! Now why didn't Rob.doc describe it like that instead of having me standing outside Starbucks, looking exactly in the wrong direction? I could have been eating sausages and mash instead of Thai food (fish cakes and French fries).

SurinJoe likes this.
  16. FERET

FERET Surin Legend

You will definately get a visit from the FERET and clan when we get back.

17. rob.doc

rob.doc Surin Legend

sorry AussieBill will post more signs.

we do also have a sign pointing to go left at the Traffic Lights just outside Robinsons Highway entrance

18. rob.doc

rob.doc Surin Legend

Look forward to seeing you FERET

19. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

I seriously can't understand why Nomad's map in post #5 of this thread is so difficult to understand. I realise that the map details both 214's but I would think that the big red star on the correct (ring) road is a bit of a giveaway!

nomad97 and Bear like this.
  20. FranzD.

FranzD. Well-Known Member

It seems to me, some guys have the same problem to find RobĀ“s new place, like before the old. It was EASY and it is EASY!

rob.doc likes this.
New | Recent