Route 214 Diner

Discussion in 'Route 214 Diner' started by rob.doc, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Rice

Rice Surin Legend

Me in a Karaoke??? I like living too much to go near a place like that. Some Thai wives have funny ideas about that.

2. Cent

Cent FORUM SPONSOR

Air con in the new place, Rob?

3. AussieBill

AussieBill Surin Legend

Standard answer received by so many farangs to so many questions!

4. humbert

humbert Well-Known Member

Had to drive to Tha Tum yesterday. Got on 214, the wife wanted lunch so I thought, hey how about the 214 Diner. Looked for a sign while driving past the location shown on the map, didn't see anything so kept driving and stopped for fish ball soup up the road. Yuck.

5. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

I think I may have got to the bottom of the problem. On Google satellite view, what we in Surin know as the 214 ring road is designated 293 (see screenshot below). Were you driving on the Surin ring road, Humbert?

Attached Files:

6. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

If the Google designation is correct, you may have to change the name Rob; or move to Prassat!

7. humbert

Yes, driving toward Robinsons coming from Thai Watsadu. I looked for your place in the shophouse block on the right just before Robinsons. Did not see a big sign.

8. johnb

johnb Surin Legend

Don't worry, Rob. In another month or two everyone will have sorted out your location....hopefully before the get-together....though I have my doubts that Aussie Bill will make it.;)

9. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

There is the problem. You were driving the wrong way (not my place, BTW).

10. Prakhonchai Nick

Prakhonchai Nick Surin Legend

When you have common sense, you really don't need Google.
    When you are from "down under", then everything in the northern hemisphere is the other way round......Isn't it? :smirk:

robjak, Yorky and johnb like this.
  11. gotlost

gotlost Surin Legend

You have to be blind NOT to see it. :sunglasses:We past the Route 214 Dinner at 8am this morning heading towards Lobinsons and no problem spotting it and again at 6pm heading toward Kap Choeng. Its will located just open your eyes.:tongueout: Do agree it needs a very classes sign.:rolleyes:

12. nookiebear

nookiebear Surin Legend

GL, I have to agree with you,,,,,,,,,I found it no problem last week

13. Rice

Rice Surin Legend

The funny thing about common sense, is that it is not common. It has nothing to do with the down under effect. It is that AB has left his spare head on and it is looking the other way.

14. humbert

How so? The star on the map is clearly on the right side of the road. I was going to make a U-turn at the Robinson intersection if I would have seen a sign.

15. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

Never mind common sense, how about a sense of humour?

Ivor the Engine likes this.
  16. FranzD.

FranzD. Well-Known Member

This is was I miss here sometimes...

17. rob.doc

rob.doc Surin Legend

not too worry
    only an office no children around
    so nothing to worry about Yorky

18. AussieBill

AussieBill Surin Legend

Attracted to a man who likes to drive fast cars, no doubt!

rob.doc likes this.
  19. rob.doc

rob.doc Surin Legend

we are in that block Humbert, big sign points to the traffic coming the other way, if you had done a u=turn at the lights head back to IQ moderntrade you would have found us.
    will continue to improve signage.

20. rob.doc

rob.doc Surin Legend

not yet Cent, for the future, but not too hot at present and fans coping

Cent likes this.
New | Recent