Saffron Restaurant - New restaurant in Surin

How popular have the little shops been that were built on the old Speed car park/Speed 2 site???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall an ice cream and a wedding dress shoppe along with a few empty spaces across from Celebrate.

I really wouldn't know nor pay much attention as they're rarely open after the sun goes down.

Possibly Cent, Pat or Francoise would be best to guage.

I have no idea either as I think they might have opened around the time I went to live in UK, then SSK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The places with patios out front will likely get some custom. Seats and drinkers for the shoppers looking for a rest. Possibly. Celebrate may get extra custom. Who knows. Obviously some Thais think it will work having another night market. It may help expose the restaurants there to new possible custom. Or, with maybe many small inexpensive food stalls it may take custom from the restaurants. I personally think it will f**k up the parking spaces along there. There's already few spots to park except down the far end.

I am wondering if this is the same guy who had the small place on the main street around the corner a couple/few years ago. He had a schwarma rotisserie out front and did some decent burgers. Closed after a few months open. I forget now what the name of the old place was.

(Aladin's it was called.)

Owner is not the same fellow.

My time in the sandbox Saudi had only 1 traditional dish and that is the Kabsa WBTW were fantastic.:yum::yum::yum: All other dish came by way of Lebanon or Iran aka Persia. Looks at a map of the Persian Empire. Fantastic food from Persia.:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

empire-banner-1.jpg

Definitively the Saffron Restaurant is not Halal.
Delicious marinated pork dishes but no lamb dishes on the menu. Very decent Thai food as well but limited menu.

Front patio dining available well understanding the 'Dresden'-looking demolition is directly across the street.

Supposedly open for lunch and dinner.

Back