Santander bank UK, Wise, Western Union.

Merlin

You chose a custom title
An Englishman has often used Wise to receive funds here from his Santander account.

Today, his request for the transfer to Wise was not activated. Santander say they haven't received the request. He tried again with the same request, with the same result, so he tried again using Western Union instead. Again, Santander say there has been no instruction to transfer.

His account balance is well within its limit.

He has an urgent bill to pay for the house being built.

As a last resort he could transfer from Santander to his Kasikhorn but he's concerned at the likely delay.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem with Santander to Wise or Western Union
during recent times?

If Santander (formerly Abbey National) will not transfe to Wise or Western Union, what chance is there they will transfer to anyone else? He could perhaps try to transfer funds to a friend with Wise, who could then forward the money on

Sounds like an issue with Santander .

As part of the diagnostic process I would instruct WISE using his Santander bank debit card as the method of transfer.

Got a mate who is getting serious grief from Sandander. Here is a copy message to me and whilst being a customer for 41 years, it seems he has to make other banking arrangement within the coming week, preferably without the need for an expensive flight back to UK.

Serious suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Santander yesterday...
In january...KLM £1200...i said yes... they said..so what did you buy..i said why...its irrelevant... they said answer or we freeze your account..so i said plane ticket..
They said ..you pay to a***b**** every week...i said yes...but whats it got to do with you?? Again..answer or we freeze your account..i told them its my daughter..they said you need to prove it or frozen account.
The 2 rents..i get..they said wheres money from to buy them.. i said i sold my home... and mortgage was with yous..and all paid up..they want proof of rentals or frozen account.
My industrial injuries..they said how long you received it..i replied you have my details..you look...again..answer or frozen account..so i told them date i nearly died..i have to prove this or frozen account..
Asking what i use the account for..i said ypu have computer screen ..its all there...again answer or frozen account..so just told them its for everyday living... i was so angry..so i have 1 week to sort this out or account is frozen....bad isnt it??

Last edited:
Santander was, I believe Abbey National.

Sounds like something your mate did has twigged the bank, and surely he must have some idea what

I would immediately transfer as much of my money as I could out of the bank. Then a personal email to the CGM explaining the problems (a bit better than whats written above) with copies to all the main regulatory bodies. See what happens after that.

Last edited:

Sounds like something your mate did has twigged the bank, and surely he must have some idea what

I would immediately transfer as much of my money as I could out of the bank. Then a personal email to the CGM explaining the problems (a bit better than whats written above) with copies to all the main regulatory bodies. See what happens after that.

His mate is an awkward ******* who deserves to have his account frozen.

His mate is an awkward ******* who deserves to have his account frozen.
He also served our Queen & Country in the Para's, hence the invalidity pension now.

To be fair, he's just out of a BKK hospital re cancer treatment, so he might have been feeling a bit pissed-off.

Last edited:

To where? He cannot open another UK bank without a 7500 mile visit?

Back