Sausages in Surin

F

fansuhua55

After spending weeks trying to find the right sausages in vain, I decided to make my own. So here we are, I do French style thyme black pepper and red wine sausages and Spanish chorizo (paprika, fennel seeds, chilli (just a pinch) and red wine. Soon I will add the North African merguez (beef and lamb, cumin, cinnamon, fennel seeds paprika and chili. I was told by Brits that the French style tastes like Cumberland, I don't really know as I never had Cumberland. French and Spanish are 100% pork. Casings are pig intestines. There are no preservatives, no filling, no saw dust, just meat and seasoning. French and Spanish are 166 grams a piece, kilo goes at 280 bahts, 6 pieces a kilo. Merguez will be priced at 550 bahts a kilo due to the price of beef and lamb. Can pick them up at the Beach where I keep some frozen or you can order fresh ones at fderiviere71@gmail.com, gimme a couple of days to complete the order. Of course they can't compare with Norbie's ones :)
Ask Coffee how they are he already ordered 2 kilos and ate them all (maybe the mother in law who is chronically hungry helped).
Cheers

After spending weeks trying to find the right sausages in vain, I decided to make my own. So here we are, I do French style thyme black pepper and red wine sausages and Spanish chorizo (paprika, fennel seeds, chilli (just a pinch) and red wine. Soon I will add the North African merguez (beef and lamb, cumin, cinnamon, fennel seeds paprika and chili. I was told by Brits that the French style tastes like Cumberland, I don't really know as I never had Cumberland. French and Spanish are 100% pork. Casings are pig intestines. There are no preservatives, no filling, no saw dust, just meat and seasoning. French and Spanish are 166 grams a piece, kilo goes at 280 bahts, 6 pieces a kilo. Merguez will be priced at 550 bahts a kilo due to the price of beef and lamb. Can pick them up at the Beach where I keep some frozen or you can order fresh ones at fderiviere71@gmail.com, gimme a couple of days to complete the order. Of course they can't compare with Norbie's ones :)
Ask Coffee how they are he already ordered 2 kilos and ate them all (maybe the mother in law who is chronically hungry helped).
Cheers
I too will be making my own snags when we move over this year.
Last year, I purchased a mincer extruder combination which works a treat.
The pork and Italian herb snags are way good and the South African Vorce are superb, only problem with these is, Christ, they make you fart.

I too will be making my own snags when we move over this year.
Last year, I purchased a mincer extruder combination which works a treat.
The pork and Italian herb snags are way good and the South African Vorce are superb, only problem with these is, Christ, they make you fart.
They are not alone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After spending weeks trying to find the right sausages in vain, I decided to make my own. So here we are, I do French style thyme black pepper and red wine sausages and Spanish chorizo (paprika, fennel seeds, chilli (just a pinch) and red wine. French and Spanish are 166 grams a piece, kilo goes at 280 bahts, 6 pieces a kilo...
[Coffee ordered fresh.]

I only got to eat two sausages out of the French 2kg batch...which I enjoyed; additionally had one Spanish this past week which definitely had a nice kick from the chilli.

As far as the "MIL" who in her own right is a terrific Thai chef (which also means some stinky stuff that Thais love and farang abhor)...at 62 her appetite is simply ravenous. Her mouth is constantly chomping away on something 24/7.
If you didn't know that she was eating while her mouth was moving you would think that she was either a politician or a lawyer. ;;haha;;

Folks that enjoy bland sausages may need to seek their salvation elsewhere.

I enjoy Nookies black pepper thick pork sausages, and the Makro thick pork sausages too. And, as I just love sausages, I'll have to visit the Beach and get some of theirs too.

I only got to eat two sausages out of the French 2kg batch...which I enjoyed; additionally had one Spanish this past week which definitely had a nice kick from the chilli.

As far as the "MIL" who in her own right is a terrific Thai chef (which also means some stinky stuff that Thais love and farang abhor)...at 62 her appetite is simply ravenous. Her mouth is constantly chomping away on something 24/7.
If you didn't know that she was eating while her mouth was moving you would think that she was either a politician or a lawyer. ;;haha;;

Folks that enjoy bland sausages may need to seek their salvation elsewhere.
Chomping away on what ???.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::D

Placed chorizos 22 min at 205°C on top rack in halogen...
20170128_173524.jpg
Sliced open for your viewing and placed with mustard and sauteed onions (not shown) on sandwich prior to ingesting orally. :yum:20170128_175955.jpg

Most impressed Coffee, I never realised you cooked. Not only that, I see you are into Japanese Zen gardens and have carried the practice over to sculpting the bread with the obligatory mustard. A little more practice required but I think you are getting there. LOL!

ac41c9ca2bbd25e147e4b82f4fb1aa23.jpg

Back