Savannahket Appointment.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
I have just been informed that the Thai Consulate in Savannhket Lao is requiring that you call about two weeks in advance and make an appointment. This info is on the application of a O-Muly based on marriage. They are being swamped by application and with Lao nationals due to the situation inside Thailand.

I have just been informed that the Thai Consulate in Savannhket Lao is requiring that you call about two weeks in advance and make an appointment. This info is on the application of a O-Muly based on marriage. They are being swamped by application and with Lao nationals due to the situation inside Thailand.
Wasn't like that a week ago. Walk-in next day service or 4000b same day service. Obviously something's changed!

Picture courtesy of Karakara, queue at Savannakhet 14th September.

savannhket.jpg

If you are on your way back from Savannhket don't forget - get your wife to check you into Surin on your return.

Seriously, do you have to get your wife to report you back every time when you return from out of country? Just a thought.

View attachment 12033

If you are on your way back from Savannhket don't forget - get your wife to check you into Surin on your return.

Seriously, do you have to get your wife to report you back every time when you return from out of country? Just a thought.

Legally yes. Up to you. I have been told if you go back to KCI and go into the Suppression Unit they will show you a web site and give you a password and number for use for this return so you don't have to keep coming back to KCI.

View attachment 12033

There were about 400 people in queue, maybe 40 farang and rest lao people, had to wait more than one and half hour.

Next afternoon got passports back starting from 1pm, very fast

View attachment 12033

Yes your wife have to report to the Immigrationthat you are back and you willget a note in your passport. I hhad no idea aboutthis and then thanks to our Immigration they explained to me thatmy wie have to that every time when I make my borderrun ( mutiple entry O ) . Bt that it is ok when I cometo the office with the ID from my wife. Now I have anice sticker. By the way it never been mentioned that there is a fine if your wife is not doing it but 0thats there The fine can be 8000 - 20000 Baht.

Back