seafood in surin

J

johnb

Being about as far as you can get from the sea, Surin is not known for its seafood.
Two new outlets have opened recently however, restaurants selling seafood. One, which I have not yet tried, is directly opposite the Land Office (bright green, next to the water office, bright blue...kind of logical).

The other is not so much a new opening as a relocation.

For years there was a seafood roadside stand on Tessabarn 4, just before the traffic lights where it crosses close to the Police Station. Recently they have moved to a corner property just up the road on the corner with Soi Sattit and now have a sit-down service as well as their previous take away.

Went there with the wife and grandson earlier this evening. We ate well and took away plenty of food for the step-daughter, who had opted to stay on Facebook (ahem!)

Details.....two pla kapong, sea bass I believe, one fried and with fish sauce, one steamed with herbs and chili, plate of steamed cockles, another of whelks, fried rice with crab, steamed rice, fish soup, stir-fried kale with pork mince and chili, stir-fried prawns with vegetables, a couple of cokes....total bill 1055 baht. I took my own bottle of wine.

God knows what I would have paid for that in the Algarve, let alone London. In short...life is good. If you like seafood, I can thoroughly recommend this place.

do you really mean seafood
or are you talking about
fish, crab, prawns, shells from farms?

(not the same thing, krap)

I know a chilled lorry delivers seafood twice a week to Nong Ki & Buriram..........Whether this also goes on to Surin I don't know.Its normally in Nong Ki around 02-00hrs

The Japanese restaurant here sells Maine Lobster. They have it once in a while and you can order in advance to reserve your bugs when they come in. Very nice. With drawn butter of course.

Back