SF Sisaket branch get-together

Had a very pleasant meet-up with George tonight that was completely unplanned. He ventured out and found one of our many secret drinking holes. Good to catch up during these very strange times.
Not a good idea to advertise establishments breaking the law. Photo removed by Moderator.

A grocery shop with 7 tables and a pleasant young lady to serve you is located across from Big C. Food was available from nearby takeouts but we stuck with barley sandwiches. This and another grocery shop up the street both seem to do a good business with off sales that go no further than the tables in front of the shops.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 45344

A grocery shop with 7 tables and a pleasant young lady to serve you located across from Big C. Food available from nearby takeouts but we stuck with barley sandwiches. This and another grocery shop up the street both seem to do a good business with off sales that go no further than the tables in front of the shops.
The servers are usually ex-uni girls too. We were first attracted to the place about 2 years ago when they also sold discounted draft Chang, but that didn't last long, unfortunetly.

I have hardly EVER seen it for sale/served anywhere, in the 11 odd years that I've lived in these parts.
Last week in BigC, they had one can on the shelves but maybe someone placed it there for a joke!!!!!!!
Never seen a Thai drinking it. Archa was Bear's go to brand. I've had it many times. Seems to be close to the US worse cheap beers you can get in the states. I do find it hurts me less than Chang or Leo the next morning. Especially Chang.

Never seen a Thai drinking it. Archa was Bear's go to brand. I've had it many times. Seems to be close to the US worse cheap beers you can get in the states. I do find it hurts me less than Chang or Leo the next morning. Especially Chang.
All my Surin life was drinking Leo, then either my taste or the beer changed as so did I, to Chang.
I think I might have seen it in Ubon, once or twice.
Years ago TMWG (David) & his Satuk mates used to drink Archa too.

Various warnings were issued a year or two ago for Thailand, stating that everybody should avoid posting photos containing images of BRANDED alcoholic drinks as it might be construed (or misconstrued!) as advertising. Here's a more recent example: https://bk.asia-city.com/nightlife/news/posting-photo-your-drink-could-get-you-fined-b500000

The law was changed to ban alcohol ads in 2008.
Yes, remember all that silliness but like not having no more than 6 in the back of a pick-up, laws tend to be disregarded here, before not too long.

Various warnings were issued a year or two ago for Thailand, stating that everybody should avoid posting photos containing images of BRANDED alcoholic drinks as it might be construed (or misconstrued!) as advertising. Here's a more recent example: https://bk.asia-city.com/nightlife/news/posting-photo-your-drink-could-get-you-fined-b500000

The law was changed to ban alcohol ads in 2008.
I feel absolutely devastated that a partial label on one of the eight brown and green bottles was showing.

No doubt this thread needs to be immediately deleted as well as there are numerous pictures of full labels, god forbid the other 4 posters on the thread face legal action as well.

"Tendo Grain and Malt Whiskey"

I feel absolutely devastated that a partial label on one of the eight brown and green bottles was showing.

No doubt this thread needs to be immediately deleted as well as there are numerous pictures of full labels, god forbid the other 4 posters on the thread face legal action as well.

"Tendo Grain and Malt Whiskey"

George, possibly a majority vote from the Fab Five is neccessitated to make this important distinction.

Of course anybody from compliance can tell which shithole it is from the background heh.
Personally I figured it was behind the hospital morgue until I read the "located across from Big C". (Hint, hint...) :p

George, possibly a majority vote from the Fab Five is neccessitated to make this important distinction.

Of course anybody from compliance can tell which shithole it is from the background heh.
Personally I figured it was behind the hospital morgue until I read the "located across from Big C". (Hint, hint...) :p
It's a 'Mom n Pop shop' and a very nice family they are too. The local police regularly drink there.

Of course they do. Why else would they be openly serving alcohol.

Coffee as of November 1st we can openly drink again without fear of arrest in any one of 7 tourist centric locations. I believe the government in it's infinite wisdom believes Bangkok is the closest safe location for adults from Isaan to imbibe socially.

Coffee as of November 1st we can openly drink again without fear of arrest in any one of 7 tourist centric locations. I believe the government in it's infinite wisdom believes Bangkok is the closest safe location for adults from Isaan to imbibe socially.

Strange as Surin City has been drinking since June at various venues "that serve food".
But yes surely breaching the no alcohol edicts.

Strange as Surin City has been drinking since June at various venues "that serve food".
But yes surely breaching the no alcohol edicts.
The location where we met up, serve food most evening and sell booze wholesale too so maybe that is why they can legally serve beer with a Chang girlie's help.
Or maybe the fuzz gave them a 'get outta Jail' card????

Back