Some personal learnings.

FERRET

WELL WORN MEMBER
After a surprisingly painless extension of my marriage visa today, two things which I did not know slowed my progress.
1) All doccumentation Must be filled out in BLUE ink--In Aus, its BLACK.
2) If using a record of income comming in from a foreign country for the full previous 12 months, you MUST have an e-mail trail prooving the transferee orign.

It is my personal choice not to hold any funds excessive to requirement in a Thai bank--WTF would you.

After a surprisingly painless extension of my marriage visa today, two things which I did not know slowed my progress.
2) If using a record of income comming in from a foreign country for the full previous 12 months, you MUST have an e-mail trail prooving the transferee orign.

It is my personal choice not to hold any funds excessive to requirement in a Thai bank--WTF would you.

Just to add to those learnings:-

1. You didn't extend your visa, you applied to extend your permission to stay....

2. I am still not convinced that on Monday you will get more than a one month 'under consideration' extension. You will then have to go back again to get the full extension. I will stand corrected, as always, but I didn't think Jomtien could sign off extensions based on marriage.

Why not "park" 800.000 to 1.000.000 baht in a Thai bank if you have the funds ? You need the money anyway to live in LOS and then 3 months before you re-apply for your extention top it up again ... A lot easier than making sure you got the proper paperwork when re-applying ... just my opinion ...

Keep it simple , make it happen ... that was the mantra when I was working for an american company Playtex ...

Why not "park" 800.000 to 1.000.000 baht in a Thai bank if you have the funds ? You need the money anyway to live in LOS and then 3 months before you re-apply for your extention top it up again ... A lot easier than making sure you got the proper paperwork when re-applying ... just my opinion ...

Keep it simple , make it happen ... that was the mantra when I was working for an american company Playtex ...
Are you a retired Bra Salesman who still likes to keep your hand in the business? :) :) :)

Just to add to those learnings:-

1. You didn't extend your visa, you applied to extend your permission to stay....

2. I am still not convinced that on Monday you will get more than a one month 'under consideration' extension. You will then have to go back again to get the full extension. I will stand corrected, as always, but I didn't think Jomtien could sign off extensions based on marriage.
Az I zed, vee vill zee un Monday, YA!!!.

I'm convinced that authorities who require black ball point pens still live in the world where photostat machines didn't copy blue ink very well. 70s maybe.

It used to be about scanning, I think.

I thought that it was blue that wasn't picked up........

I filled in my documentation for Surin Immigration in Black Ink. It was accepted and no comments were made. In fact, I asked my daughter to buy a new refill for my black roller pen in P2S (Robinsons). They have a great choice of pens on sale. I tried her black biro but it needed a hard press to keep the ink flowing.

I filled in my documentation for Surin Immigration in Black Ink. It was accepted and no comments were made. In fact, I asked my daughter to buy a new refill for my black roller pen in P2S (Robinsons). They have a great choice of pens on sale. I tried her black biro but it needed a hard press to keep the ink flowing.
I preferee the gel pens.

Back