Sorry being lazy - 30 day tourist visa into Thailand and a visit to Siem Reap

ColinW

Surin relic
We have some friends coming on holiday on UK passports flying into and out of Bangkok.

They want to spend a few days visiting Ankor probably travelling through Chong Chom.

Any advice on what they need to be aware of would be appreciated - apologies if it has been covered already

Nothing to worry about.

6 months on their passports required. Get some Dollars beforehand - $35 required for the visa. They will be stamped in for 30 days when they come back into Thailand.

The Cambodia bus may still be operating for 350baht/head. Karakara can most likely advise on this. Otherwise a taxi will be needed, and pre-booking is advisable unless they want a share taxi which is akin to sardines in a can.

The Cambodia bus may still be operating for 350baht/head. Karakara can most likely advise on this. Otherwise a taxi will be needed, and pre-booking is advisable unless they want a share taxi which is akin to sardines in a can.

With at least 4 of them (Colin refers to "friends") it will be 'snug' in a Toyota Camry

I don't see Colin as someone who takes a busman's holiday......................

I thought the bus service ceased several months ago

With at least 4 of them (Colin refers to "friends") it will be 'snug' in a Toyota Camry

I don't see Colin as someone who takes a busman's holiday......................
Toyota Camry Is this a local Taxi ? If so do you have the number or any details please ?

The Toyota Camry is the "share taxi" most often used to transport people from the Chong Chom border to somewhere in Siem Reap. Invariably it deposits passengers at an out of the way place where expensive tuk-tuks are waiting .

For our guests, when the numbers do not warrant a minibus, we have the availability of a Lexus, and an excellent English speaking Cambodian driver.. He is very often used for day tours in the area too.

The Toyota Camry is the "share taxi" most often used to transport people from the Chong Chom border to somewhere in Siem Reap. Invariably it deposits passengers at an out of the way place where expensive tuk-tuks are waiting .

For our guests, when the numbers do not warrant a minibus, we have the availability of a Lexus, and an excellent English speaking Cambodian driver.. He is very often used for day tours in the area too.

Nick, we used your contact last November for both the journey from the border to Siem Reap and for tours from Siem Reap .... and they were excellent and I would highly recommend.

Back