Source for add-on pressure tank

Stargazer

Surin Legend
We have a quality pressure pump for our house with its own small internal tank, which works OK (it draws its water from a 500 liter tank replenished automatically by deep well pump). However, it cycles too much for its own good, even when we’re showering, or if we’re using it for some hand watering. It would be better to have a good sized pressure tank with an air bladder to pump up so it would cycle less often. Perhaps 100 liters?

While these are common in USA, I cannot find such in my local stores such as Do Home/Home Pro. Can anyone recommend a source?

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpeg
    IMG_0652.jpeg
    353.8 KB · Views: 1
We have a quality pressure pump for our house with its own small internal tank, which works OK (it draws its water from a 500 liter tank replenished automatically by deep well pump). However, it cycles too much for its own good, even when we’re showering, or if we’re using it for some hand watering. It would be better to have a good sized pressure tank with an air bladder to pump up so it would cycle less often. Perhaps 100 liters?

While these are common in USA, I cannot find such in my local stores such as Do Home/Home Pro. Can anyone recommend a source?
I purchased one in SURIN phone # 044512186 on THETSABAN Rd Close to the Bus station,

There is also a store. I believe I've seen bladder pressure tanks on opposite corner of KFC SURIN Plaza. , I think their phone number is 044513953, I got this off Google maps looking at the store.
I've had this store replace the bearings and seals in a leaking Hitachi pressure pump for my system for the house using the pressure tank.
Had them replace both bearings as the first store I mentioned with the phone number they only seem to want to replace one bearing which causes the pump to fail sooner than it should.

Last edited:

I purchase a pressure LEO 100 LT tank on Lasada, another store than the one following.
. I looked them on LESADA, appears there's a store in SURIN named Siamwatertech, they have 100 L or about 3000 BHT.
I will supply more information if you wish.

I purchase a pressure LEO 100 LT tank on Lasada, another store than the one following.
. I looked them on LESADA, appears there's a store in SURIN named Siamwatertech, they have 100 L or about 3000 BHT.
I will supply more information if you wish.
Yes, please provide whatever other information you have. I’m interested in what problem came up with your Hitachi, too, how old and how did it show itself?

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 1
I built my water system by myself, 30 m deep well submersible pump flowing into 800 L tank with a float switch to control the level of liquid water feeding the Hachi pump with a 100 L pressure tank connected to the system.
I've had the Hitachi pump 12 years plus. the pump started leaking, took it to the first shop in Surin.
I gave you the phone number for and had the leak fixed, which entailed replacing the outer bearing and seal by the shop two or three times. They did not do a quality job repairing the pump, it was their mechanic that did not do quality work even after I requested both bearings replaced.

Took it to the shop in SURIN Plaza, told the mechanic to replace both bearings, he did a quality job and gave me the old parts to verify his work.
I have not had a problem for about three years, maybe more.
Both shops had the parts on hand to repair the pump.

I've also replaced the pressure switch two or three times by myself.
The Hitachi pump in my opinion is very good pump, if there's any weakness, it's the bearing or bearing and seals.

I built my water system by myself, 30 m deep well submersible pump flowing into 800 L tank with a float switch to control the level of liquid water feeding the Hachi pump with a 100 L pressure tank connected to the system.
I've had the Hitachi pump 12 years plus. the pump started leaking, took it to the first shop in Surin.
I gave you the phone number for and had the leak fixed, which entailed replacing the outer bearing and seal by the shop two or three times. They did not do a quality job repairing the pump, it was their mechanic that did not do quality work even after I requested both bearings replaced.

Took it to the shop in SURIN Plaza, told the mechanic to replace both bearings, he did a quality job and gave me the old parts to verify his work.
I have not had a problem for about three years, maybe more.
Both shops had the parts on hand to repair the pump.

I've also replaced the pressure switch two or three times by myself.
The Hitachi pump in my opinion is very good pump, if there's any weakness, it's the bearing or bearing and seals.
Thanks for the detailed answer. My pump is only a year old. I’ll hang on to my warranty receipts! Our systems are very similar. I’m 45 meters deep to 500 L tank. We have a 1 million liter lake with lots of tilapia and some koi. I tried aerating with solar panel/above lake pump, but kept losing prime so much I gave up. I think a solar powered submersible pump would work better, but they are all rather expensive and really intended for deep wells. No shallow submersibles I can find. Our tilapia are breeding too fast, faster than we can throw net harvest them, so we’ve introduced some snakehead fish as predators! I’m bringing back oxygen measuring tests from USA, and will start monitoring O2 and temperature. So far, we seem to be getting by the hot season OK. We have a dual pump system: one Hitachi draws from the lake for irrigation. One pumps fresh water from the well for house and washing equipment.

We’re near Rattanaburi. If you’re interested, I’d enjoy meeting and sharing ideas. We’re in Thailand just October-March, returning now first week of October. My wife just got dual USA citizenship, so we can travel more freely, but we have a grandson that we’re going to try to teach to be bilingual.
Thanks for the detailed answer. My pump is only a year old. I’ll hang on to my warranty receipts! Our systems are very similar. I’m 45 meters deep to 500 L tank. We have a 1 million liter lake with lots of tilapia and some koi. I tried aerating with solar panel/above lake pump, but kept losing prime so much I gave up. I think a solar powered submersible pump would work better, but they are all rather expensive and really intended for deep wells. No shallow submersibles I can find. Our tilapia are breeding too fast, faster than we can throw net harvest them, so we’ve introduced some snakehead fish as predators! I’m bringing back oxygen measuring tests from USA, and will start monitoring O2 and temperature. So far, we seem to be getting by the hot season OK. We have a dual pump system: one Hitachi draws from the lake for irrigation. One pumps fresh water from the well for house and washing equipment.

I have the same pump problem with the house pump and would be interested in knowing what you find and how it works out.

From the OP: "However, it cycles too much for its own good, even when we’re showering, or if we’re using it for some hand watering."
I’d say that is what annoys us too. During a shower, the pressure starts full, then goes down enough in about 10 seconds to trigger the pump to turn on, temperature changes due to flow rate through instant heater, rinse, repeat. I presume that’s because the little pressure tank included in the pump housing is so small.

From the OP: "However, it cycles too much for its own good, even when we’re showering, or if we’re using it for some hand watering."
Our system there is very little difference in the pressure when taking a shower.

Pressure tank100 L is about 26.42 gallons, my Hachi pump works on a pressure switch contained in the pump, 50 PSI on, 25 psi off..
When the demand for water in house plumbing is lower than 25 psi the pump turns on.
This stop the short cycling and helps maintain volume and pressure in the house water system.
Volume and pressure are partners in supplying water to your needs house, etc., which is determined by plumbing sizing of the pipes feeding the faucets.
The system turns on before the water is deleted is in the pressure tank, which helps to maintain system pressure and volume.

I plumbed the house with a 1 inch mainline, feeding arterial small airlines off the 1 inch.
The well I had drilled with its own submersible pump supplying my 800 L with a float switch to turn submersible pump on when the tank is about half empty, off full.
800 L tank elevations is about 60 cm above the Hachi pump on a metal stand, I have my labors build.
The distance between the well supplying and the 800 L reservoir tank and Hitachi pump is located next to the house.

Back