Students roast in sun as Surin bid for Guinness World Record backfires

georgefromcanada

You chose a custom title

"Many young students were there and the weather was very hot," the administrators of the Spirit of Surin Facebook page said. Many children passed out because of the heat, it added.

A friend of mine fainted as we were walking from the school to the stadium," she said. "Around 3pm, an emcee told us to fold our umbrellas so that the event would look beautiful when it was recorded."

Reminds me a bit of WKRP's turkey drop Thanksgiving.

My 16 year old son was one of the students that was coerced into participating. He said it was terribly hot and uncomfortable and he can endure a lot as he spent most of the last school holidays doing an Army Cadet Induction course.

He said he was tricked into going as he was supposed to be doing practice for a singing contest otherwise he would have taken the day off and gone with the rest of us to the Elephant Buffet. He also said the long wait was because a certain "official" was late, by about 2 hours, arriving. I also think said "official" must have slept in as the Buffet didn't start until about 10 AM when, going on previous years, it should have started around 8 AM. It was very uncomfortable for a lot of people in the heat who arrived early expecting the early start and were forced to hang around for 2 hours or so. I went to my first Buffet in 2004 and it was an enjoyable experience, this time it was not, ruined by officialdom.

The late start to the Buffet was welcomed by a few Thais as they had a field day stealing most of the melons and other offerings, when the elephants arrived they didn't eat much as there were a lot of pineapples left which did not appeal to them, the few melons that were left were quickly eaten.

My daughter was leading the parade, holding one end of the Welcome to Surin banner. I understand from my wife that the organisers wanted my daughter to remain for the Elephant Folding effort in the stadium. My wife told her she had done enough already, having slept over at the school the night before in order for the early start for hair and make-up (04.30). My wife brought our daughter home.

By all accounts, keeping the students sitting in the hot sun for several hours doing nothing was not appreciated. Why? If some dignitary was late and the reason for the delay, they should be subject to a similar punishment before being drawn and quartered by 4 elephants.

My daughter was leading the parade, holding one end of the Welcome to Surin banner. I understand from my wife that the organisers wanted my daughter to remain for the Elephant Folding effort in the stadium. My wife told her she had done enough already, having slept over at the school the night before in order for the early start for hair and make-up (04.30). My wife brought our daughter home.

By all accounts, keeping the students sitting in the hot sun for several hours doing nothing was not appreciated. Why? If some dignitary was late and the reason for the delay, they should be subject to a similar punishment before being drawn and quartered by 4 elephants.
Sitting in the blindingly hot sun for too long is very bad. When I saw the photo I felt sorry for them.

And shot with a ball of their own sh*t.
All for what ?, so some pseudo paramilitary Somchai could have their 5 minutes of fame whilst getting their rocks off.

~ 'Nothing achieved is ever easy. We have to fight for it.' - Surin Provincial Governor

Excellent motto. Same as fighting for Democracy.

(At least the students were not shot at the Elephant Stadium. Stand with Iran - "F**k the Ayatolla!")

spit-roast
/ˈspitrōst/

verb

1. cook (a piece of meat) on a spit.
    "spit-roast the chicken until the skin is deep golden-brown"
  2. OR.

spit roast

Verb: to spit roast. A sexual activity involving 3 people, two active males and one passive (male or female). Man 1 pentrates person 2 from the rear (anal or vaginal) while he/she sucks the penis of person 3.

Back