SURIN 10,000 rai of restricted forest being revived

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
10,000 rai of restricted forest being revived

SURIN, 24 June 2014 (NNT)-The Surin Provincial Office for Natural Resources and the Environment is beginning to restore restricted rain forest in Tha Tum District, Surin in Thailand's north east, after the forest reserve was found to have been desolated.

Mr. Niran Surasawadi, an officer of the Surin Provincial Office for Natural Resources and the Environment, revealed that the office had joined forces with the police, the military and other authorities as well as related agencies, to visit and survey the forest of which a total 10,000 rai of forest has been violated, to expel intruders and prevent further forest encroachment.

The office will investigate the number of people who were allowed to live in the area before June 30th, 1998 under the government attenuation policy, while intruders who have entered the forest after that date will be ordered out, so that the forest reserve can be restored.

The office also asked for co-operation from the public to inform them of any suspected deforestation gangs. The authority will take firm legal action against such gangs without clemency.

-- NNT 2014-06-24

If you are driving from Ta Tum towards Surin as you are leaving Ta Tum I'm 99% sure this area is on your right hand side .

If you are driving from Ta Tum towards Surin as you are leaving Ta Tum I'm 99% sure this area is on your right hand side .

There is an area just south of Rattanaburi that it could also be. Apparently this area is threatened by gas fracking as well. I was hoping that the forest could be saved.
There's not much left around here.

Back