Surin Immigration (Kap Chong).

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Any information pertaining to the gauntlet ex-pats have to run with Thai Immigration may come in handy !
What information? The thread was started by GL and so far all he has posted is rumour, innuendo, and unintelligible riddles. I see nothing of substance or fact.

I will provide some facts of my own. During the past 17 years that I have renewed my annual permission to stay in Thailand, in both the Kap Cheong and Surin Immigration Offices, I have never once been asked for a "brown envelope" to obtain a renewal. They have never demanded 5,000 or 10,000 baht to obtain the renewal. In the early days, they did seem to have problems finding change from 2,000 baht - they never had a 100 baht note in their drawer. More recently, change has always been given without the need for any prompting myself. Getting the right paperwork together can be difficult as there seem to be minor and unpublished changes every year. However, the bulk of the paperwork remains unchanged. All in all, the renewal process is relatively straightforward and usually takes about an hour to process.

This thread is neither helpful nor informative. In fact, it s quite the opposite, please close.

What information? The thread was started by GL and so far all he has posted is rumour, innuendo, and unintelligible riddles. I see nothing of substance or fact.

I will provide some facts of my own. During the past 17 years that I have renewed my annual permission to stay in Thailand, in both the Kap Cheong and Surin Immigration Offices, I have never once been asked for a "brown envelope" to obtain a renewal. They have never demanded 5,000 or 10,000 baht to obtain the renewal. In the early days, they did seem to have problems finding change from 2,000 baht - they never had a 100 baht note in their drawer. More recently, change has always been given without the need for any prompting myself. Getting the right paperwork together can be difficult as there seem to be minor and unpublished changes every year. However, the bulk of the paperwork remains unchanged. All in all, the renewal process is relatively straightforward and usually takes about an hour to process.

This thread is neither helpful nor informative. In fact, it s quite the opposite, please close.
BS. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back