Surin Orchid complaint

A

archimark

The other day I decided to swap from the Majestic Twin to the Orchid as I was having so many problems using the internet at the Twin because their server can not support Windows 7. Bless the Twin they tried their hardest to fix the problem but to no avail and as I'm a internet addict I had to move out.
I went to the reception of the Orchid and was told they had a room for 5,000 THB/ month which sounded good as the Twin charge 6,500THB/ month + electric and water which last month cost me whacking 2,100THB for a single room at the Twin oooccchhh.
The room looked very nice and modern and I told her I would take it and be back the next day.
The next day I arrived with all my belongings and was told that the manager wanted to speak to me.
This smarmy little Chinese/Thai git started asking me all sorts of personal questions about my life at first which I didn't like, it was as though I was being interviewed for the room and then he told me that they had made a mistake and that now the room was 7,000THB/ month despite his web site saying 5,000. I am sure that this was because I am a Farang so I told him to stick it where the sun doesn't shine and walked out.
Personally I hope he never gets a THB out of another farang as long as he is in business.
I'm now staying at the Ivory Residence, just around the corner from the Orchid which I am very happy with and as they only charge 6,000THB/ month including electric and water I am now saving a bit of money. The staff here are delightful and the internet is lightning fast with no problems. The owner Gee Gee is half Thai half Phillipino and so speaks very good English and is a real sweetheart. She has even been helping me find a house to rent. This is not to mention the ever smiling Jimbo who many of you may already know.

Known GiGi for years (before that Hotel existed).She's a great cook.
Please say hi to her!

Dave

Mark give me a bell in regards the bungalow you sent me a link for................went to see it today.

Hi Dave

I will be very happy to pass on your regards to Gigi.

Sounds like I am going to have to get her to cook for me as your not the first person who has told me she is a great cook. I understand that she studied being a chef in BKK.

Did you know that she is 4 months pregnant?

Regards Mark

The other day I decided to swap from the Majestic Twin to the Orchid as I was having so many problems using the internet at the Twin because their server can not support Windows 7. Bless the Twin they tried their hardest to fix the problem but to no avail and as I'm a internet addict I had to move out.
I went to the reception of the Orchid and was told they had a room for 5,000 THB/ month which sounded good as the Twin charge 6,500THB/ month + electric and water which last month cost me whacking 2,100THB for a single room at the Twin oooccchhh.
The room looked very nice and modern and I told her I would take it and be back the next day.
The next day I arrived with all my belongings and was told that the manager wanted to speak to me.
This smarmy little Chinese/Thai git started asking me all sorts of personal questions about my life at first which I didn't like, it was as though I was being interviewed for the room and then he told me that they had made a mistake and that now the room was 7,000THB/ month despite his web site saying 5,000. I am sure that this was because I am a Farang so I told him to stick it where the sun doesn't shine and walked out.
Personally I hope he never gets a THB out of another farang as long as he is in business.
I'm now staying at the Ivory Residence, just around the corner from the Orchid which I am very happy with and as they only charge 6,000THB/ month including electric and water I am now saving a bit of money. The staff here are delightful and the internet is lightning fast with no problems. The owner Gee Gee is half Thai half Phillipino and so speaks very good English and is a real sweetheart. She has even been helping me find a house to rent. This is not to mention the ever smiling Jimbo who many of you may already know.

Phumarin Hotel, just up the road. New, clean, quiet, good parking and security - charges 4500 ++ a month.

Cheers, MH

Back