Surin where to stay

Discussion in 'Hotels in Surin' started by Stevejread, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Stevejread

Stevejread New Member

Hi, I have am visiting Surin for the first time to see friends who live in Si Khoraphum, Surin in late April. Can anyone recommend a good hotel, room must be air conditioned, en-suite. Will have own car,so on site parking preferred. A pool would be a bonus. Probably stay about three days. Thank you Steve.

2. alanthebuilder

alanthebuilder Administrator

There is a lot of choice , whats you budget Ste ?

3. karakara

karakara Forum Sponsor

http://surin.thaiapartments.net/index.php?os=2&subos=5&lan=en

alanthebuilder likes this.
  4. Moderators

Moderators SITE ADMINISTRATOR Staff Member

The pool requirement limits it, somewhat

5. Stevejread

Stevejread New Member

Thanks for the response, budget is not an issue. The pool is not critical but always nice to cool off. Regards Steve

6. Moderators

Have you looked at the home page already with hotel info? Many options around and most will have been commented on here.
    Majestic Hotel is very popular, central location with breakfast and pool but (I think) unable to book on-line

7. alanthebuilder

alanthebuilder Administrator

I would say its the best ,and most of the time there's a room to be had .

8. karakara

karakara Forum Sponsor

Moderators likes this.
  9. dennis

dennis Active Member

Majestic price gone up

For my (our) upcoming trip to Surin, we've booked a room at the Majestic Hotel (@busstation).

We're told the room rate is 1200 baht (standard room). Last september the rate was 1000 baht, which was already an increase, since it the room rate was 900 baht before that (and 800 baht when it opened in 2007/ 2008?). Ofcourse I'm aware price go up from time to time, but this one seems a bit too much..

Although the Majestic is a reasonable hotel and one of the best (if not the best) in Surin, I still think 1200 baht is too much. Breakfast is ok, but just that and the recent raise of the minimum wage can't account solely for the price increase.

I'm sure we will enjoy our stay there, but might conside one of the Majestics'closeby and just try to sneak in the pool of the Majestic (busstation) :rolleyes:

10. Moderators

No sneaking needed. If you stay at the Majestic Twin (right at the end of Soi Kola for 500/550b a night) you are allowed to use the pool anyway.

11. quadrant

quadrant Guest

12. Stevejread

Stevejread New Member

Thank you

Thank you for the feedback, I will check some options. Sorry for the delay in acknowledging your comments. Cheers Steve
    Dream1

13. Moderators

Sekhor will probably have places to stay too, if you are interested. Please remember mid april is the crazy (& sometimes dangerous) Songkran water festival around here. Be prepared to get wet!!!

14. SANGKA

SANGKA Surin Legend

I would check that price out, i was there the other day and the daily room rate quoted was 2.200 baht per night .

15. SANGKA

SANGKA Surin Legend

I would reccomened the Thong Tarin, the rooms have had a re-vamp, the rack rate is only 1.100 Baht per night for a Deluxe room.Inc breakfast.

http://thongtarinhotel.com/fac.html

With a swimming pool.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  16. johnb

johnb Surin Legend

There are several resort style places around Surin City which are clean and tidy, air-conditioned and are not likely to cost you more than 500 baht per night...should be considered.

17. AussieBill

AussieBill Surin Legend

Hard to believe 2,200 other than at high season (such as the Elephant Roundup).

18. Ivor the Engine

Ivor the Engine Administrator

Or 300b short time on the right towards Sicor from Surin 5555

19. Ivor the Engine

Ivor the Engine Administrator

Sure your not adding a visit to the "water park" behind the hotel into the price?

20. karakara

karakara Forum Sponsor

Maybe their
    Junior Suite Room
    Surin Majestic Hotel
    Sub Total 2,074 Baht
    Vat & Service Charge 367 Baht
    Grand Total 2,441 Baht

New | Recent