Swimming in lakes?

Stargazer

Surin Legend
We have a 1M liter lake about 4 meters deep. The water is cloudy with clay kicked up by the tilapia and koi, but the temperature is 32.5°, and I’d like to swim in it. My sister-in-law has a 3M liter lake just up the road, and says swimming in it makes her itchy.

Any guidance about health issues re: swimming in our lakes? In Hawaii, snails transmit a lung parasite you don’t want to get.

If you need to ask others whether you should, or not, then I would suggest that you know that the answer is "not".

I wouldn't - and 32c is way too warm; if the condo swimming pools are over 28c it is not comfortable. I prefer it a little cooler - and I quite like that intake of breath when cool water comes up to your gonads.

If you need to ask others whether you should, or not, then I would suggest that you know that the answer is "not".

I wouldn't - and 32c is way too warm; if the condo swimming pools are over 28c it is not comfortable. I prefer it a little cooler - and I quite like that intake of breath when cool water comes up to your gonads.
Water that has a surface like a pond or lake is rarely equal to ambient air temperature opposed to that of ground water if you were wondering my context.
The water surface is subject to evaporation by sublimation to the air directly proportional to humidity and by wind run across the surface.
As this occurs the water refrigerates dropping the temperature. As cold water drops it makes the bottom of the pond cooler and cooler while the hottest water is found only in the top few centimeters. Here is a little story.
I learnt all about this in depth in Meteorological school didn't quite stick in my young brain. But one day I was on a field trip to Giles weather station. Look it up.
Landed up spending a big chunk of my life there. It is in the middle of a desert it was almost 50C with humidity of 10%. They had a beautiful kept pool.
I jumped in and all that theory smashed into my head all at once and jelled as the water was 8C forking degrees I got out faster then I got in.
As for those condo pools very different situation Yuck like swimming in Pea soup.

Triggered :)

Water that has a surface like a pond or lake is rarely equal to ambient air temperature opposed to that of ground water if you were wondering my context.
The water surface is subject to evaporation by sublimation to the air directly proportional to humidity and by wind run across the surface.
As this occurs the water refrigerates dropping the temperature. As cold water drops it makes the bottom of the pond cooler and cooler while the hottest water is found only in the top few centimeters. Here is a little story.
I learnt all about this in depth in Meteorological school didn't quite stick in my young brain. But one day I was on a field trip to Giles weather station. Look it up.
Landed up spending a big chunk of my life there. It is in the middle of a desert it was almost 50C with humidity of 10%. They had a beautiful kept pool.
I jumped in and all that theory smashed into my head all at once and jelled as the water was 8C forking degrees I got out faster then I got in.
As for those condo pools very different situation Yuck like swimming in Pea soup.

In your outback Outback surely with huge temperature deviations on a daily basis.

With nippy overnight lows I was wondering:
What was the depth at the deepest end of the pool ?
Which colour were the tiles ?
Which month of the year ?

Last edited:
In your outback Outback surely with huge temperature deviations on a daily basis.

I only know about Australian desserts it does not get cold at night in the summer. On days over 40C it may drop to as low as 25C. NOT NIPPY!

The pool had one depth at 1.8 meters

No tiles just cement painted blue with a crocodile painted on the bottom.

December.

I have no idea why you ask but there you are.

So Rice, how the heck did that pool temp ever drop down to 8°C ?

Hmm. I’ll have to check the deeper water temperature. No buffalo in our lake. I have a scientific digital thermometer and our well water coming up from 45 meters deep is 29.5°, surprisingly warm!

Read my post proper;y and you might find out. :dizzy:
Hmm. I’ll have to check the deeper water temperature. No buffalo in our lake. I have a scientific digital thermometer and our well water coming up from 45 meters deep is 29.5°, surprisingly warm!
Again I refer to this in my post. That is why Geo thermal cooling does not work in a efficient manor as I told someone so before he did it.
I only knew because I was unfortunately forced to evaluate such a project years ago in the tropics. Forced I was because I knew it would fail.
It was all right it was "ONLY" government money. and lots of it ;;exciting;;

Back