Thai Watsadu - the new DIY + + + centre

nomad97

Resident Geek
Thai Watsadu held a promotion this weekend and I was really surprised how quickly they have got this place up and running. One month ago it was bare racks everywhere. Today it is fully stocked and looking really good. The range of stock is not quite the same as IQ Modern Trade although it does carry a lot of nice things for the house and home. The electrical section is impressive with 50, 55 and 60 inch flat screen TVs, ovens and rings, fitted kitchen units, airconditioners, kitchen appliances etc, etc. IMHO a very welcome addition and extension to the shopping facilities in Surin.

I also heard on the grapevine that another of the big Bangkok trading concerns is intending to open a new furniture shop 'et al' along the same lines as Index Living Mall in the not too distant future. It is rumoured that this will be bigger and better than IQ Modern Trade and Thai Watsadu and maybe located somewhere near Index/Winner furniture store.

What with the new IT Mall in Petcaseim Plazza, mentioned by Alan, Surin is on the up and up. It will soon cost a lot more to live in Surin than it did before. Bugger!

I believe Thai Watsadu is part of the central Group, who trade as Homeworks in Pattaya. However Do Home in Korat trade as Ubon Watsadu, and are not related to the Central Group

What, perhaps does Watsadu mean?

Its very expensive to rent a spot in he new IT mall in pechkesem Plaza and I hope it brings in the much needed customer footflow there.

We paid the Watsadu Store our first visit earlier in the week, very impressive when compared with other Home and DIY Stores in the area.
For example the range of Kitchen Extractor Hoods has to be the best we have ever seen, for once we were spoilt for choice and not limited to the usual level of inavailability.
Other Electrical items are well represented in wide ranges and prices are pretty good too. Lets hope the new store is here to stay.

Cheers, MH

Anyone else notice how many pretty girls they have there ?

Have a look down the right-hand side of the building - must be 150 motorcy.

Think I need check this place out for my new home fittings. Wonder if they deliver?

CoCo - This thread is relative to the new store in Surin. I believe you are referring to the Buriram store, also recently opened. And why look specially at the motorcy's when according to you there are many pretty girls worthy of investigation!

CoCo - This thread is relative to the new store in Surin. I believe you are referring to the Buriram store, also recently opened. And why look specially at the motorcy's when according to you there are many pretty girls worthy of investigation!

Good point about it being about the Surin. Perhaps they have pretty girls as well.

If you go for a pee at the Buriram site you can't help but notice the motorcys.

Beware, I have it on good authority that guys, LBs and ugly girls also ride Motorcycles.
Better to look at the merchandise face to face rather than being misled by the transportation !!

Cheers, MH

Good point about it being about the Surin. Perhaps they have pretty girls as well.

If you go for a pee at the Buriram site you can't help but notice the motorcys.

Went in there today for the first time. Not many pretty girls but still an impressive range of stock.
It will make a dent in the Iq trade for sure

Back