The Hundred Glass Beer Tap

I went there about 2 wks ago.Been open about 4 wks I d say. It s on the opposite side of the road to the"Jah Bar" & walk towards the T -Junction &
it s just after what used to be called "Saren" & set back abit with a glass frontage.
Nice little place. Love to support it more but it s B200 for L/Bottle of "London Pride"from Fuller,Smith & Turners of Chiswick,London.

Strange that I have...keeping in mind a slew of new places have opened throughout Surin.

Strange that I have...keeping in mind a slew of new places have opened throughout Surin.

You have, or you haven't? If so what was it like? What was your experience? What did you have? How much was it? How were the staff? Good seating? Nice bar? Etc.

And yeah, many new places have opened the past year. Most will be closed by this time next year I'd think. Too many places, not enough customers to keep them all open, thriving and making enough to make ends meet.

Club 30, or whatever its name is, has a good selection of imported beers. Some good ones too, but at 200 baht a pop I doubt they sell that many and wonder how long some of those have been sitting in that fridge by the downstairs bar. They have good food though, which is decently priced, their kitchen is open after 10 p.m. too, which most do not do, and they have good Thai live pop music bands too. And they always seem to have a decent amount of customers inside.

Last edited:
Looking at their pics there seem to be some from another bar, a much nicer bar, with loads of taps. This version (I am thinking it is a branch, a much smaller and leaner Surin branch) has only 4 taps I can see, and a refridge with some selections of various imports. Seating looks nice, only 2 chairs at the bar itself. They show a couple bar foods pics. Looks like they have live music in there too, and it has glass front and air cons.

I'll do a reconnoiter this coming weekend and see what's up wit dat.

You have, or you haven't? If so what was it like? What was your experience? What did you have? How much was it? How were the staff? Good seating? Nice bar? Etc.

Cent, was there earlier in the week or weekend prior to your gig at the Beach with Raggy Singh. I believe they had opened one or two weeks prior to my visit.
Had an IPA from NZ...so tasty I ordered two along with Thai side dishes. I recall the beer about B150 each small bottle.
Nice place, ample seating. It's definitely low overhead that had live music.

Now in retrospect it was before Christmas and I just figured a change of biér from the usual Leo and Chang.

B150 a pop adds up so I was not really requiring to head back after I purchased a nice six-pack of Hefeweizen at approx B500, some wines and salammis prior to Norbie selling or turning over his restaurant around that time.

My lil' piggy bank is cryin' by years end as I'm part of a Thai family's "heart, hopes and dreams". :rolleyes:;):D;;red heart;;

And yeah, many new places have opened the past year. Most will be closed by this time next year I'd think. Too many places, not enough customers to keep them all open, thriving and making enough to make ends meet.

Note: I drove by the old (good old) Starbeams across from the railroad tracks.
What a shame...it appears to be a motor-scooter (possibly motorcycle) "repair shoppe".

Yup, the wheel keeps turning in Surin. :cool:

It's a big bike repair shop. Waste of good space. Would love to know what it is renting for now. Closed almost 4 years with no rent coming in. The building owner's a fool.

Last edited:
Back