The last 12 kilos of rice, vaccuam packed---thank christ.

I am quite sure I do not know why you bother doing this. My wife buys large bags of rice, 25 kilos or more, and stores the rice in a plastic bin. We frequently buy from a rice warehouse on the road to Prasat. She then uses a small measuring cup to transfer what she needs into the rice cooker. The rice always tastes good, even if it has been in the bin for several months. Finally, the rice has never gone off either.

1653109010640.png 1653108748353.png

We have tried many different rices. My wife likjes the village white rice, but the rest of the family won't eat it preferring homali rice. I buy several 5kg bags at a time (usually a tad cheaper per kg that the 15kg bag and more manageable) However my wife says when it has been around too long there are rice bugs inside, which need to be washed out before cooking.

I am quite sure I do not know why you bother doing this. My wife buys large bags of rice, 25 kilos or more, and stores the rice in a plastic bin. We frequently buy from a rice warehouse on the road to Prasat. She then uses a small measuring cup to transfer what she needs into the rice cooker. The rice always tastes good, even if it has been in the bin for several months. Finally, the rice has never gone off either.

View attachment 50213 View attachment 50212
Admittedly, it's a pain in the butt bagging it but, when Pat uses it, it is always super fresh and bug free besides, it's something to do.

We have tried many different rices. My wife likjes the village white rice, but the rest of the family won't eat it preferring homali rice. I buy several 5kg bags at a time (usually a tad cheaper per kg that the 15kg bag and more manageable) However my wife says when it has been around too long there are rice bugs inside, which need to be washed out before cooking.
The last 10kg Pats brother gave us was crawling with bugs and, what a pain in the a*se getting rid of the little bas*ards.

Back