The 'NEW' Korat Immigration Office

D

Dave The Dude

Its with the Dan Kwan Pottery Village with effect from 28th July 2010. Attached is a map and here are two routes to get there from the Surin area

1. On the 24 you turn right towards Korat at the junction just before the 'last place in Choc Chai'. Follow that road for 12k until you see the entrance to Dan Kwan Pottery Village on your right. I understand you have to do a u turn just past it. It has a large archway with 2 huge Jugs(Pots, calm down!) either side. Go down there a short distance and it may be the first on the right.

2. you can do the scenic route too. Take the route 226 - Surin - Buriram - Korat - and turn left at the main junction when you are about to enter Korat. Head down the motorway towards Choc Chai for about 20 kilometers and you will find the pottery village. The pottery village is about a kilometer past all the road side stalls and shops selling pottery.

On the way back head south to the route 24 and head east towards Prasat. Turn left at Prasat and you are on your way back to Surin. A bit of variation and the roads are good in both direction.

90 day reports and visa runs can still be done 7 days a week at the Choc Chai Border Crossing. Check for Thai Bank Holidays though!

Attachments

• korat-immigration-office-thailand.jpg
    korat-immigration-office-thailand.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 42
I have the numbers as shown on another site
1 0898444746
2 044375138
3 044375139
Hope these help

Can you still do a 90 day stamp at Korat, or do i have to go to pattaya...... thankyou5 for any info.

Yes, i phoned them on monday...mine due too....still just passport and TM47 req`d....14 days before or 7 days after is still accepted too.

Can you still do a 90 day stamp at Korat, or do i have to go to pattaya...... thankyou5 for any info.

If your official residence is still in Pattaya, you are supposed to go to Pattaya for the 90-days thing. If I were you, I'd call Dow myself before making the trek to Korat.

when i'm in Samui , i have no problem with the 90 retirement visa stamp, so why is korat different i thought you could get the passport stamped at amy imigration office in thailand i've never had a problem before, my official residence is in Surin and Samui albeit the visa was made in pattaya.

There not that easy, i've seen them cart farangs off to the police station ,for an overstays on many occasions , were did you hear that load of tripe.

Back