THE RHYTHM - Beer on tap-Guinness

Have Irish friends that told me the place to have a Guinness was in the mother land. All other places the Guinness sucked.
I would agree with that. It was no good in England but top class in Ireland. Probably for a similar reason that Fourex was rubbish in the UK years ago.

I would agree with that. It was no good in England but top class in Ireland. Probably for a similar reason that Fourex was rubbish in the UK years ago.

I think you are being very hard there. It may be not the highest standard as it is in Ireland (I've never drunk it in Ireland) but there are outlets which still serve a damn good pint of it. And having worked with McApines for 35 years I knew a lot of Irish guys who would agree with me.

[Edit: I understood that XXXX was rubbish even in Australia? My tipples in Perth/Fremantle were "Little Creatures", "James Squires" and "Dog Bolter"; and also Guinness (which may have been brewed in Shah Alam, Malaysia)]

Last edited:
I think you are being very hard there. It may be not the highest standard as it is in Ireland (I've never drunk it in Ireland) but there are outlets which still serve a damn good pint of it. And having worked with McApines for 35 years I knew a lot of Irish guys who would agree with me.

[Edit: I understood that XXXX was rubbish even in Australia? My tipples in Perth/Fremantle were "Little Creatures", "James Squires" and "Dog Bolter"; and also Guinness (which may have been brewed in Shah Alam, Malaysia)]
I found it to be superb in Ireland and not in my local area of Twickenham at least. My Irish mates wouldn’t drink it. XXXX brews well in Brisbane and I have been drinking it for about 50 years. I wouldn’t drink it on tap anywhere else it’s brewed, it’s just not the same. I suppose it’s all down to personal taste. Cheers!

I found it to be superb in Ireland and not in my local area of Twickenham at least. My Irish mates wouldn’t drink it. XXXX brews well in Brisbane and I have been drinking it for about 50 years. I wouldn’t drink it on tap anywhere else it’s brewed, it’s just not the same. I suppose it’s all down to personal taste. Cheers!
xxxx is good brewed in QLD, correct, no where else. VB seems to be ok all over Aus. Pity we cant get it here, AHHH, green can dreamin.

Try Kilburn, North London - a high percentage of Paddies. I'm guessing that the Guinness will be good there.

The Guinness brewery in Park Royal, London, closed in 2005. The production of all Guinness sold in the UK and Ireland was moved to St. James's Gate Brewery, Dublin. ;;haha;;

Back