those new housing estates in Surin

S

seekingasylum

I was particularly interested in the one described as being to the southern end of the city set amidst 100 rai with two large lakes, swimming pool etc. The larger houses in the bracket of 3.5 million and upwards look quite well constructed and designed to western standards. I haven't seen them in the flesh, so to speak, but I was wondering what the cognoscenti of Surin might think about them.
Are they well built, was the land prepared well and is the infrastructure likely to be maintained?
Any first hand experiences or even second hand would be helpful.

Welcome to SF
Maybe you would tell us a bit about yourself in the introductions section

Thanks

I'm a recently retired Brit currently living in Bangkok but who still hankers after Surin where my wife has family connections. No interest in village life whatsoever hence my interest in these new estates being developed in the town. I have visited Surin now for over 10 years and have watched it grow steadily and in my view ranks as one of the best provincial towns.

Hello seekingasylum, I have lived in Surin for the past 7 1/2 years and I like to keep my eye on the housing market around town, it is an interest and a hobby. I think the development you are talking about is one developed by IQ Modern Trade and yes, the concept is very up market. I am not too sure about the build quality but when I checked a few years ago I was not too impressed by either the design or the quality of workmanship. The minimum plot size is 100 talangwah (included in the price of the house) and each additional talangwah was priced at 20,000 Baht. Many plots were significantly bigger than 100 talangwah so total price could escalate. Outside the compound wall, in another development by IQ Modern Trade, are some quite nice two story house for 2.35 million Baht and single floor villas for 1.75 million Baht. These houses sit on 70 talangwah plots. I think this could well provide good accommodation for a reasonable price. These plots are about .7 kilometers from the end of the Surin airport runway and less than 2 kilometers south of Big C. Also, just coming on the market is a development called Sarena Park (Sarenapark.com) which is located in between Big C and Makro. This could be an interesting development with detached, 200 sq meter house for sale at 3.25 million Baht. These 3 developments, plus Sinthorn Village, are arguably the best developments in Surin.

I have no commercial interest in or anything to do with the housing market. At the end of the day it is up to you. You pays your money and you take your choice.

Back