TM28 Notification of change of address

S

Stone

Thanks I just may need this......mind reader???

I have tried on 3 seperate occasions at 2 seperate locations to hand one of these forms in and each time the Immigration officer didn't want it!

The form says you must advise within 24 hours of a move FFS!!! ShitHappens1

A

AussieBill

Having moved out of the hotel room where I have stayed for many years (who wants to keep living almost in Walking Street) and into a condo on Friday, I thought it might be prudent to check in at Chonburi Immigration (Jomtien Soi 5) and advise my change of address, perhaps by filling in a TM.28. Nope, didn't want to know about it - just do it as part of my next 90 day report.

Yorky

Fullritis Member
Only applies to Chiang Mai. You need to confirm what Surin immigration are. FYI TM 28 is not new but enforcement of it has become a hot topic since 2014.

I was under the impression that JohnB may have encountered this recently in Kab Cheong. I may be completely wrong though.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
I was under the impression that JohnB may have encountered this recently in Kab Cheong. I may be completely wrong though.

Your correct on that but the link you gave is talking about Chiang Mai not Surin and immigration districts tend to treat matters differently. TM 28 is to my knowledge required by Surin Immigration

J

johnb

My wife was fined 800 baht for not reporting that I had returned to live in her house after a trip to Europe. This happened at my last 90 day report.
I thought the form to advise Immigration of such matters was the TM30.

Yorky

Fullritis Member
Your correct on that but the link you gave is talking about Chiang Mai not Surin and immigration districts tend to treat matters differently. TM 28 is to my knowledge required by Surin Immigration

I have not been asked for one (ever) and I'm due for a 90 day report in two weeks. Not that it should be a problem as I have not "relocated" for some time.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
I have not been asked for one (ever) and I'm due for a 90 day report in two weeks. Not that it should be a problem as I have not "relocated" for some time.

As I said its up to them not Chiang Mai. BTW I have never to my knowledge turned a TM 28 into KCI or SI. And my wife to my knowledge has never turned in a TM 30 to KCI or now SI. Go figure.

Yorky

Fullritis Member
My wife was fined 800 baht for not reporting that I had returned to live in her house after a trip to Europe. This happened at my last 90 day report.
I thought the form to advise Immigration of such matters was the TM30.

You are correct John - your wife (or house owner) is required to report your arrival within 24 hours (TM 30). As far as I understand the TM28 is a form that YOU (as a Farang) are required to complete when relocating in accordance with the law. The latter is all new to me (as was the former up to 12 months ago)

Yorky

Fullritis Member
As I said its up to them not Chiang Mai. BTW I have never to my knowledge turned a TM 28 into KCI or SI. And my wife to my knowledge has never turned in a TM 30 to KCI or now SI. Go figure.

My wife was asked to complete a TM30 at my last application for an extension of stay (June 2016) at Kab Cheong. There was no fine imposed.

C

Coffee

When was the last time you left Thailand and traveled out of the country ?

Yorky

Fullritis Member
Doesn't the TM 6 qualify as notification of your address when you arrive in country? Obviously on condition that you complete the TM 6 accurately and do not relocate subsequently.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Doesn't the TM 6 qualify as notification of your address when you arrive in country? Obviously on condition that you complete the TM 6 accurately and do not relocate subsequently.

Technically no. But you need to ask YOUR. local immigration office. Not Pattaya, Bangkok or Chiang Mai. They will all read it to suit them.

Yorky

Fullritis Member
Technically no. But you need to ask YOUR. local immigration office. Not Pattaya, Bangkok or Chiang Mai. They will all read it to suit them.

Does that then mean that (dependent upon the area where you stay) as a visitor and in addition to the TM30 completed by your hotel/guest house, you personally have to complete a TM 28 and submit it to the local immigration office? Is anyone in authority telling this to the thousands of tourists arriving every day (according to TAT)?

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Does that then mean that (dependent upon the area where you stay) as a visitor and in addition to the TM30 completed by your hotel/guest house, you personally have to complete a TM 28 and submit it to the local immigration office? Is anyone in authority telling this to the thousands of tourists arriving every day (according to TAT)?

TAT is joke into itself. They make their own rules.:rolleyes::D