Top 5 British International Schools in Thailand

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Top 5 British International Schools in Thailand

According to Office of the Private Education Commission (OPEC) as of year 2017, there are over 180 registered international schools in Thailand. The number has grown rapidly due to the popularity of international education as well as the Government that has vision on making Thailand the Asian educational hub.

International schools in Thailand offer a wide range of curriculums. It is most likely that expatriate parents will prefer a curriculum that is transferable, meaning their children can move seamlessly from country to country or back to their home country. One of the curriculums of choice is British curriculum. It is renowned for concerning itself with the development of the whole personality and has achieved a worldwide reputation for quality.

Due to the growing number of British international schools in Thailand, school selection can be a more complicated decision. Here are the list of top 5 British international schools in Thailand that you might need to consider.

Bangkok Patana School
Curriculum: British National Curriculum - EYFS, IGCSE, GCSE/ IB
Found: 1957
Tuition Fees (per year): 421,500 - 607,500 THB
Boarding Programme: N/A
Address: 643 La Salle Road (Sukhumvit 105), Bangna, Bangkok 10260, Thailand

Bromsgrove International School Thailand (BIST)
Curriculum: British National Curriculum - EYFS, IGCSE, A Level, BTEC
Found: 2002
Tuition Fees (per year): 303,150 - 607,680 THB
Boarding Programme: Yes, for students aged 8-18
Address:
Early Years:344 Mu 12 Ramkamhaeng 164 Rd, Minburi, Bangkok 10510
Primary, Secondary, and boarding programme:55 Mu 9 Windsor Park Golf Club, Suwinthawong 15 Rd, Minburi Bangkok 10510

Harrow International School Bangkok
Curriculum: British National Curriculum - IGCSE, A Level
Found: 1998
Tuition Fees (per year): 448,900 - 934,900 THB
Boarding Programme: Yes, for students aged 9-18
Address: 45 Soi Kosumruamchai 14, Kosumruamchai Rd, Sikun, Don Mueang, Bangkok 10210

Shrewsbury International School Bangkok
Curriculum: British National Curriculum - IGCSE, A Level
Found: 2003
Tuition Fees (per year): 552,900 - 993,300 THB
BoardingProgramme: N/A
Address: 1922 Charoen Krung Road, Wat Praya Krai, Bang Kholame, Bangkok, 10120

St. Andrews International School Bangkok
Curriculum: British National Curriculum - IGCSE/ IB
Found: 1997
Tuition Fees (per year): 312,000 - 656,000 THB
Boarding Programme: N/A
Address: 9 Pridi Banomyong 20/1, Sukhumvit 71, Wattana, Bangkok 10110
Website:https://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/bangkok

Children will thrive and be happy at the school that works best fortheir personality, strengths, needs and interests. As parents, it is important to look for the school that values your child’s individuality and uniqueness. You might also consider how different schools’ cultures and values fit with your family values and family life.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1058288-top-5-british-international-schools-in-thailand/

These 'British' schools appear geared to the children of expats gainfully employed that can shell out US$15,000 - $25,000 per annum per child student.

I haven't met too many with that discretionary dosh in Surin.
Have you ?

Eye watering fees. I suppose some people can pay, god knows how. I paid boarding school allowance in the UK to RAF parents. I forget the exact maximum per term but it was a lot and the claimant only had to pay 10% of the cost themselves. Still a pretty good deal I thought

These 'British' schools appear geared to the children of expats gainfully employed that can shell out US$15,000 - $25,000 per annum per child student.

I haven't met too many with that discretionary dosh in Surin.
Have you ?

Nick can correct me here, but if our sample of students, from Regents, on a trip to Siem Reap is anything to go by there were c. 80% Asian students.

In any corrupt society there will always be the haves and the have nots

Nick can correct me here, but if our sample of students, from Regents, on a trip to Siem Reap is anything to go by there were c. 80% Asian students.

My daughter is Admissions Manager at Regents School Pattaya At least 80%of the students she enrols are Thais from wealthy families, predominantly in Bangkok, who want their children out of the metropolis. Of the rest some are Asians, with the balance predominantly Europeans, where parents are working for European companies in Thailand. Most of those have their fees paid for in full by the employer.

As an aside, when we first came to Thailand in 1986, my daughter attended a very small American run school in Pattaya with very low charges. When Regents opened a few years later, they bought the American school, and we were offered very favourble terms to switch to Regents When my daughter was aged 13, I was called in by the assistant headmaster and told I was wasting my money as my daughter would not pass any CGSE exams. I withdrew her, and she had home school tuition, before starting work as a translator for a local Lawyer. She later joined Amari hotel as assistant sales manager, and then rather amazingly was HEAD-HUNTED by Regents. She is doing very well with a good salary!

Last edited:
Yep! Those fees are out of my league for my two daughters. Mind you, if we ever go back to 55 baht to the pound those fees would look much more affordable.

Yes of course, I completely forgot about the wealthy Thai forum members.

Nick's post above accurately fills in the narrative.

As a comparison only, the fees for Lower School day pupils at the UK's Shrewsbury School are currently £8,295 per term, so £24,885 or 1,045,000 THB approximately per annum.

Assuming that the parent must be a higher rate UK taxpayer for the fees to be affordable, the cost translates to around £36,000 of their gross salary (N.I. taken into account too.) God help those with more than one child attending!

My eldest brother timed it right. Passed 11+ free grammar school and free uni degree (a little contribution for beer money from our parents). The 11+ had stopped a couple of years for me but doubt I would have passed it anyway.

I never begrudged the investment the government put into his education because he is clever. That doesn’t seem to matter a great deal these days. He has however been teaching in tax free Dubai for over the last 20 years ...

Back