Tourist visa from Laos

Ivor the Engine

Nowhere man
New instructions/conditions have been issued recently about obtaining a Tourist Visa in Savannaket.
64d8c841d1a83289e68eda1dda477166.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never been issued nor applied for a tourist visa. Could you point out the "new" requirements and how they differ from the existing/previous requirements?

I have never been issued nor applied for a tourist visa. Could you point out the "new" requirements and how they differ from the existing/previous requirements?

For a start TR was only 60 Days max before. They never enforced proof of funds and accommodation before, but was always in the act though. Mind you there is lots in the act they don't follow to the letter. Like no long haired hippies. (No Joke!)

For a start TR was only 60 Days max before. They never enforced proof of funds and accommodation before, but was always in the act though. Mind you there is lots in the act they don't follow to the letter. Like no long haired hippies. (No Joke!)

They still are. Need to go to an IO and pay 1900 baht for the extra 30 days. Proof of funds is and always has been a requirement at all Thai crossing. The Thai Consulate at Savannaket have been and are toughing up on their policies. The days of the no work permit english teacher is getting shorter and shorter and shorter. You have been warned.

Just in. Taken from TV.

I am here today and lots of people got turned away for not having the correct paperwork at the window mostly it was not having bank statement copies to show monies in account at your home bank or your thailand account ,and it didn't matter if you had 20,000 bhat cash on your person they wasn't interested in that either they wanted copies off your bank statement , so off they went back to the border to get their 30 day exempt stamp and then enter Thailand that way.

Few people who had girlfriends / wifes with them tried to talk to the guy at the window but he wasn't interested in what they had to say to him and still turned them away.So its not as easy as people think now as it once was to get a tourist visa here.

Just in. Taken from TV.

I am here today and lots of people got turned away for not having the correct paperwork at the window mostly it was not having bank statement copies to show monies in account at your home bank or your thailand account ,and it didn't matter if you had 20,000 bhat cash on your person they wasn't interested in that either they wanted copies off your bank statement , so off they went back to the border to get their 30 day exempt stamp and then enter Thailand that way.

Few people who had girlfriends / wifes with them tried to talk to the guy at the window but he wasn't interested in what they had to say to him and still turned them away.So its not as easy as people think now as it once was to get a tourist visa here.

I thought 30 days visa exempt stamp was for arrival by air, only 15 days for land crossing. GL, Is he right? Please advise.

I thought 30 days visa exempt stamp was for arrival by air, only 15 days for land crossing. GL, Is he right? Please advise.

As GL says - 30 days is now for ALL.

Previously only 15 days at a land crossing for non-G8 citizens.

As GL says - 30 days is now for ALL.

Previously only 15 days at a land crossing for non-G8 citizens.

Don't forget the proviso though. You can only do this two times in one year. What happens after you use those two times up and you try again though?

Back