Traveling Province to province info

lightfoot

Surin Legend
Current info on traveling from one province to another will be appreciated, say Surin to Khon Kaen if vaccinations RNA vaccines become available in another province ???

Current info on traveling from one province to another will be appreciated, say Surin to Khon Kaen if vaccinations RNA vaccines become available in another province ???
My mate works in SSK and has a home/wife in KK. He travels back many weekends (including this morning). He doesnt have a problem but it may be something to do with his scooter having KK plates??????

My mate works in SSK and has a home/wife in KK. He travels back many weekends (including this morning). He doesnt have a problem but it may be something to do with his scooter having KK plates??????

When you find the time to inquire of your mate --> How many hours does it take on a scooter ?

Comment: so basically a perfect example that the "essential travel only" advisement is simply bullshyte* flouted by all and sundry.

*hopefully @gotlost approves of the English spelling

When you find the time to inquire of your mate --> How many hours does it take on a scooter ?

Comment: so basically a perfect example that the "essential travel only" advisement is simply bullshyte* flouted by all and sundry.

*hopefully @gotlost approves of the English spelling
How does one interpret "essential travel" What is deemed essential to some may be frivolous to others.

Ivors friends may deem it essential to meet regularly to have their conjugal rights, failing which there may be cause for concern on either/both sides, that such couplings are being obtained elsewhere. :grinning: Not sure after a 260km one way trip on a scooter I would be in a position to enjoy my conjugal rights though!

No way is he covering @Prakhonchai Nick stated 260km in two hours...even with a PCX.

("Life is short and even shorter if you're foolish.")
I checked what the top speed of a 150 PCX is. They state 118 Km/h ! WHAT.
The fastest I ever saw anyone ride one of these things was a wee slip of a girl that most likely only weighed 30 kg if that. She was doing 110 !
The bikes must be well engineered to get to that speed without a death wobble. Next time you see such a bike doing extreme speed, its most likely a young girl.
Boys weigh more. Its all power to mass ratio.

The fastest I ever saw anyone ride one of these things was a wee slip of a girl that most likely only weighed 30 kg if that. She was doing 110 !
The bikes must be well engineered to get to that speed without a death wobble. Next time you see such a bike doing extreme speed, its most likely a young girl.
The way these " temporary citizens " ride, they are just that, and then we have the added factor of the tretcherious road surfaces.
Two speeds exist, flat out or stopped.
I, only once, got the HOG TO 180kmh on 5kms of perfectly flat and straight bituimen, only once though, the wind rush was cronic.
A fair displacement differential though, 150 vs 1,700cc and weight as well, the Harley weighed 300kg.

The way these " temporary citizens " ride, they are just that, and then we have the added factor of the tretcherious road surfaces.
Two speeds exist, flat out or stopped.
I, only once, got the HOG TO 180kmh on 5kms of perfectly flat and straight bituimen, only once though, the wind rush was cronic.
A fair displacement differential though, 150 vs 1,700cc and weight as well, the Harley weighed 300kg.
I once got from Tesco SSK to Central Ubon in 18 minutes! (On the bike I bought from Mango2you.

Its a shade under 200km to his home, I'm told so that might be why he can get there quicker then PK Nick

On a good day, it takes him 2 hours on his 150cc PCX.
1629521302933.png

1629521534504.png

No, no way even in a Formula 1 motor car. I have done Surin - Khon Kaen many times, even got a speeding ticket for my troubles too (over 120 km/hour), but no way did I do that in 2 hours, closer to 3 to 3 1/2 hours more like.

Last edited:
I once got to Nasa Vegas in Bangkok in 5 hours 15 minutes via Sara Buri. Set off at 0700 Sunday morning. Never managed it again since.

Back