Truck loads of dirt... How to get them?

Wayne Thompson

What is the simplest and possibly cheapest way to get a couple of tuckloads of dirt.

wife and mother in law seem to think you wait till you hear of someone getting rid of it!

I dug a whole lot of trenches putting in plumbing and i want to fill them and top up the levels around the place.

What is the simplest and possibly cheapest way to get a couple of tuckloads of dirt.

wife and mother in law seem to think you wait till you hear of someone getting rid of it!

I dug a whole lot of trenches putting in plumbing and i want to fill them and top up the levels around the place.

Your wife is right Wayne........ she can be proactive if she knows any of the many agents who are attached to the contractors.

Ah right. well we are about to jump in the car with the Peu yai bann to go to the Ampur to put our son on the house book so maybe we will ask him if he knows anyone.

Hard to find farang doing building this far south I think :)

Concerning cost, you normally get what you pay for. Cheap dirt is likely to contain big rocks and "trees". Pay more and you may get dirt that's rock and tree free. Of course, the other influence on the cost is how far it's being hauled.

I've got a few truck loads (maybe 5-10) here at Salak Dai.
Top soil with some grass and small roots.
Will donate for free if picked up.

We have a digger to load the truck...

I've got a few truck loads (maybe 5-10) here at Salak Dai.
Top soil with some grass and small roots.
Will donate for free if picked up.

We have a digger to load the truck...

Now THAT is what forums are for.....

Ah right. well we are about to jump in the car with the Peu yai bann to go to the Ampur to put our son on the house book so maybe we will ask him if he knows anyone.

Hard to find farang doing building this far south I think :)

You need to find local. It is charged by the truck load. About 200 to 350 baht a load and if you go much over 5 km you may be at 600 and up. Have your ears open as someone will be digging.

The so called wet season is as good as over. Keep your eye peeled for 6 & 10 wheel dirt trucks. Also keep your eyes open for an earth excavator. The rice has not been harvested but afterwards I look for a large amount of pounds going in which will mean fill to be sold.

Great offer Pat but the delivery cost will off set the free-be.

Free... It's as low as I can go... :grimacing:

I can use the soil myself later when all the grass and roots have died/turned into dirt in the pile.
But until then the offer is what it is.
Pickup whatever amounts needed (from the soil we have, not bringing more in to give away for free), with truck or pickup. Up to you... :blush:

Wayne: we are 12 kms NW of Prasat and have done dirt loads many, many times in the past 12 years or so of various projects. It shouldn't be too tough and I will ask the lovely wife for her ideas. If you are with your lovely wife and see a dirt hauler...stop and talk to them. These suggestions of 600 baht/load are crazy...good investigation by you should end up in the 225/Bt/load area...we have paid 180/load.
I'll get back to you.

Wayne: we are 12 kms NW of Prasat and have done dirt loads many, many times in the past 12 years or so of various projects. It shouldn't be too tough and I will ask the lovely wife for her ideas. If you are with your lovely wife and see a dirt hauler...stop and talk to them. These suggestions of 600 baht/load are crazy...good investigation by you should end up in the 225/Bt/load area...we have paid 180/load.
I'll get back to you.

Remember there are normally two sizes of truck - the twin axle and the triple axle. The latter carry much more in volume than the former.

Wayne is talking about filling in some trenches, so probably looking for dump truck 2 axles. I'm just trying to help, not confuse the issue...

Back