U shaped double headed nails

Prakhonchai Nick

You chose a custom title
9k=
9k=

These nails are excellent for pinning mesh to wood. Never seen them in Thailand. Has anyone please?

Last edited:
Alas I think this is another one of those items not to be seen in Thailand.
When banging a nail sideways will do the job.
Bye the way I think their alternative name is Wire staples. I can never recall seeing them here.

Does not help does it. Sorry

You could always use wire clips. The nails with plastic U bits attached. They can be had from most hardware stores

Last edited:
You could always use wire clips. The nails with plastic U bits attached. They can be had from most hardware stores

You could set up a simple template cut the head off the nail and sharpen with an angle grinder then bend the nail Hair_Out1 FFS ( why why why ) lol

You do know Nick, these plastic clip thingies are not UV stabilized and will fall apart after a year in the sun in Thailand. You are better of with an industrial type stapler as NM advised.

Attaching wire mesh to a wooden frame.

The last time I attached wire mesh to a wooden frame a few years ago I used nails with an inverted washer under the head (of the nail). Drive the nails home with a hammer. They sold these in IQ and they were both cheap and effective. I fenced in part of the garden to keep our two large dogs off the grass area reserved for the family.

I'm busy today but tomorrow I will have a look in IQ and see what I can find.

The last time I attached wire mesh to a wooden frame a few years ago I used nails with an inverted washer under the head (of the nail). Drive the nails home with a hammer. They sold these in IQ and they were both cheap and effective. I fenced in part of the garden to keep our two large dogs off the grass area reserved for the family.

I'm busy today but tomorrow I will have a look in IQ and see what I can find.

That would do it. I have just had a friend offer to bring me exactly what I wanted from Switzerland, but unfortunately he is not arriving for a month.

I have many nails and washers at home, but will look for the combined one you suggest. Otherwise can make do with a nail bent over.

I used a staple gun when fixing wire mesh to a chicken hut.

That would do it. I have just had a friend offer to bring me exactly what I wanted from Switzerland, but unfortunately he is not arriving for a month.

I have many nails and washers at home, but will look for the combined one you suggest. Otherwise can make do with a nail bent over.

Nick i'm Belgium

The time this is taking, you could have hired a Thai to come in and do it!

The time this is taking, you could have hired a Thai to come in and do it!

Of course I could, but there is immense satisfaction gained in doing a job yourself. There is no hurry - end of the month will do fine.

As for staple guns, if I had one OK, but I am not going to buy one for the sake of a few staples.

Of course I could, but there is immense satisfaction gained in doing a job yourself. There is no hurry - end of the month will do fine.

As for staple guns, if I had one OK, but I am not going to buy one for the sake of a few staples.

You seem relatively unsatisfied at the moment.

If stapling chicken wire gives you "immense satisfaction" I think you can truly say that have integrated into Thailand!

Back