UK Double Taxation Treaty DT18650 with Thailand

D

Dave The Dude

Has anyone managed to get his UK private pension with NO TAX DEDUCTED AT SOURCE?

I understand that there is a double taxation treaty with Thailand and if you tell HMRC you wish not to pay UK tax, they agree to this arrangement?

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/dtindividual.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
I think one member has succeeded in getting a 'zero' code on his UK pension.

I applied recently

I was sent a form to complete.

The form insists you first register for tax in Thailand, and then send all the relevant details, so that they can advise the Thai tax authorities who will deduct tax.

This where it becomes necessary to do the sums. Tax free allowances in Thailand for self/wife and kids amount to approx 130,000bt (less than £3000), whilst the allowance in the UK is nearer £10,000.

Starting tax in Thailand is low, but goes up in increments.

I worked mine out and it looks like I would be paying more in Thai tax, than I do in the UK at 20% on everything over my allowance.

Never followed up with the form

There you go lads. Research well done there. Cheers Nick.

I think the guy who is on zero tax did his consultation over the phone and the HMRC said they do not contact the Tax people for this perticular country, it is left to the individual to do that (or not).

Thanks for all the input. Maybe worth a post on a wider forum too?

Personally, I'm not going to rush into anything before I understand the full implications.

What's the problem - don't have enough income to pay tax !!!!!!!!ShitHappens1

What's the problem - don't have enough income to pay tax !!!!!!!!ShitHappens1

If that were the case Bill, I would not bother investigating dropping out of the HMRC system. Also applies to UK inheritance taxes too, I believe.

Just bite the bullet and pay tax, your poor (like Frank Galleger) needs it. Just read where people with drinking problems can get 100 or 200 pounds per week plus benefits.

I pay my fair share to Obama for his re-distribute of wealth (worker vs non-workers).

Just bite the bullet and pay tax, your poor (like Frank Galleger) needs it. Just read where people with drinking problems can get 100 or 200 pounds per week plus benefits.

I pay my fair share to Obama for his re-distribute of wealth (worker vs non-workers).

I have a friend here in Manchester that get's that drinking money Wildoates, he also has a job, he's a..............roofer. WTF1

I suppose if it were that easy to opt out of UK tax, why are so many going to transfer to a QROPS pension? Answers on a postcard????

Back