UK PASSPORT RENEWALS

Probably the best thread for this piece of news.

Until recently, when a UK passport was renewed early, either because it was full, or one needed 6 months validity, up to 9 months unused time was added to your new passport.

This is no longer the case.The rules apparently changed last Monday.

BASTARDS!

0ddb88985dc164b49c839d3da3dc9e48.jpg

Just out of interest, is UK one of the countries that require a minimum of six months validity on the passport prior to being allowed to enter. (Or is it permission to leave? - Or leave to stay?)

Minimum 6 month validity on entry date to LoS

Many countries stipulate that, although I cannot quote which.

I read this "Clients must have a valid passport and valid visa when they board their flight and when they enter Australia. However as a general rule the travel industry recommend that your passport is valid for at least 6 months as some airlines and some countries have a 6 month rule."

Many countries stipulate that, although I cannot quote which.

I read this "Clients must have a valid passport and valid visa when they board their flight and when they enter Australia. However as a general rule the travel industry recommend that your passport is valid for at least 6 months as some airlines and some countries have a 6 month rule."

Cambodia does require 6 months. I have know those that were refused entry.

Cambodia does require 6 months. I have know those that were refused entry.

Funnily enough, Old Colin travelled to Cambodia (flying) with a passport that was only valid for about 10 days. It ran out whilst he was there and he had to obtain a "temporary travel permit" in order to get out. Obviously a "one-off".

Funnily enough, Old Colin travelled to Cambodia (flying) with a passport that was only valid for about 10 days. It ran out whilst he was there and he had to obtain a "temporary travel permit" in order to get out. Obviously a "one-off".

Yep he f**kup and got lucky.

Back