UK Pension Service - Life Certificate

Last week I received my "Overseas Life Certificate" from Target Professional Services (UK) Ltd. on behalf of the Pension Protection Fund in UK.

"Dear Sirs,

I have completed parts 1 and 2 of the Overseas Life Certificate and uploaded these together with a copy of my current passport to your Member Portal.

There was no indication that the submission was successful - perhaps a modification for the future would be beneficial.

In accordance with the "Memorandum of Understanding between the Department for Work and Pensions, the Pensions Regulator and the Pension Protection Fund" I presume that this will also suffice for DWP ("no duplication. Each body must have a clearly defined role, to avoid second guessing, inefficiency and the duplication of effort.")

Best regards"

"Thank you for your email.

Apologies that you did not get confirmation. The reason the portal does not say it has been successful is because once documents are submitted, all documentation then gets reviewed to ensure that it meets the standards to pass. We also check that signatures match the life certificate to the document provided. This is to protect against any fraudulent activity.

We have no dealings with the DWP, this is regarding your Alfred McAlpine Pension Plan (Carillion (AM) Limited) - any other matters would have to be taken up directly DWP.

Everything that you have submitted has passed and we will be reporting your record back as successful. Thank you for getting in contact and for filling in the documentation.

Kind regards"

For information:

Overseas Life Certificate.jpg

Last edited:
Been told by DWP thst they don't expect to reply to my email fir between 8 to 10 WEEKS FFS!

I find it interesting that British Government Departments require weeks, if not months, to reply to emails for which the response is not really brain taxing whereas private companies seem to be able to have a response out overnight. Target (above) who are employed by PPF responded to my email on Monday (I sent it Saturday).

(PPF is effectively a subsidiary of DWP).

It's summertime. Grass to be cut, gardens to be tended, houses to be painted, all whilst "working from home" Don't complain and spoil their fun!

Glass houses and stones............................I don't recall you being in the office that frequently.......................

Glass houses and stones............................I don't recall you being in the office that frequently.......................
Hmmmmm

I did not meet @CO-CO until I had finished my employment and been in Thailand for some 20+ years! Crystal balls?

My job was NOT a desk/office job. I was a Risk Management Surveyor, which required most of my work time being spent at various business premises and travelling to and from. On many an occasion it was necessary for me to work of an evening, and several times a year I had to turn out at around midnight to deal with sprinker testing when employees were not working on site.

Et Tu CO-CO? :grinning:

Hmmmmm

I did not meet @CO-CO until I had finished my employment and been in Thailand for some 20+ years! Crystal balls?

My job was NOT a desk/office job. I was a Risk Management Surveyor, which required most of my work time being spent at various business premises and travelling to and from. On many an occasion it was necessary for me to work of an evening, and several times a year I had to turn out at around midnight to deal with sprinker testing when employees were not working on site.

Think he reads Tea leaves on Beach Road too!

Hmmmmm

Age is obviously affecting your memory of the stories you told me over coffee! :smirk: :smiley:

Back