UK Visit/Tourist Visa for TGF - Where do we start?

MHayward

My TGF has a Thai Passport and has travelled around ASEAN Countries with me over the past year.

I have 2 UK Passports !

We need to apply for her to have a UK Visit/Tourist Visa for a 3 week trip in September...

Question is - Where do we start and apart from a lot of money, what exactly do we need?

Cheers, MH

PS: I know, I know, nobody really wants to go to the UK, but this is a family thing for me :)

does she work?
does she own property?
does she have any money in the bank?
does she have a child?

Most foreigners come up with a blank on these issues but remember its just paperwork that needs a tick.

I'm Aussie but I presume its similar. what they want to see is the strength of your relationship with your girlfriend, reasons she would need to return. basically you need to prove she won't over stay her visa and work in a brothel.

does she work?
does she own property?
does she have any money in the bank?
does she have a child?

Most foreigners come up with a blank on these issues but remember its just paperwork that needs a tick.

I'm Aussie but I presume its similar. what they want to see is the strength of your relationship with your girlfriend, reasons she would need to return. basically you need to prove she won't over stay her visa and work in a brothel.

Ok, here goes:

1. She runs her own business in the Village, an Internet Cafe and a Shop with documents in her name as owner.

2. She owns land and has Original Genuine Chanote Title in her own name.
We have a Usufruct Agreement Together, signed under Thai Law to give me the use of one section of her land upon which we have built a house.
The Usufruct is registered at the Local Land Office and my name is on the Chanote Title as a lessee of the land.

3. She has two Bank Accounts, one with her own savings (small) and the other operated for the House Building project with several large transfers from my UK Bank Account over the past year.

4. She has no children.

I understand that we need to show proof of all this, plus my assets and ability to support her during the UK Visit etc. However, where do we start the application process?

I have a colleague who just achieved a similar Visa for his GF who has none of the above assets, however he used ''easy visa'' agency which was successful in 2 weeks but cost 50,000 THB !!
I am keen to do more of it myself, but will use an agent where recommended.

Cheers, MH

British embassy of bangkok

http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/

she'll get in easy...just print out the form and start filling it in or you or her give them a call tomorrow

and no you don't need to pay anyone to fill out a form...visa services in my opinion are just a scam or used when you need to scam

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my X to the U-K lots of times (no problem)and all the info they really need to know is not so much about her but is about YOU. They want to know do you own a house,do you have a job and how much do you get paid ,Bank details and statements .

Do you have a guarantor should there be a problem and you for some reason fail to help. They will probably need solid proof of all these things! In the old days it was easier to get a 1 year settlement Visa that a holiday Visa , Holiday Visa .For example a doctor wanting to go on a holiday to the U-K will need to show earnings land property and so on, But if you a husband or boyfriend (sponsor)want to take your fine lady to the UK they want to know about you, and not so much about her.They will ask your Mrs how long you have been seeing each other and so on .If you have money in the bank or a good job No problem ! If your Skint no chance . Hey unless she,s rich ..

Last edited:
I believe the initial application has to be done online (strange since half the population of Thailand do not have computers nor are computer savvy)

I would get your skates on, as they will probably want to interview you both, and interviews can sometimes be fixed weeks if not months ahead.

If you PM Cookie, he and his wife are in the UK now and I know they went through some hoops to get her into UK.

Back