Verifying foreigners in the village.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
As I've said just returned from a 2300km walkabout. Mrs. GL did 90% of the driving. ThumbUp6Our last stop was to see some very good friends up in Phon Thong thats about half way between Roi Et and Mukdhan. He and his wife returned home from Chiang Mai Monday morning about 9 am. They had just got in their house showered and lied down after a 14 hour bus trip when his B/L was banging at the front door. His B/L was shyting himself. The village head water buffalo had sent him a forum to acknowledge his name, passport number,residency statutes, and visa or extension details and asking for two passport photos. According to this form the info was being requested by the head HNIC in Bangkok threw the Roi Et Provence Gov. In this villeg according to my friend there are 3 farangs and one is a 18 year old overstayer. He also received this forum.

Some smarty probably has put two and two together. Seems to be more farangs then there are on the 90 Day register in the area. Quick head count by each grand pooh bar. If you were on the wrong side of the law you would want to be on the right side of the Grand Poo Bah. (Pu Yai Baan)

I got your very subtle joke. LMAO1

Have been out all day, very unusual for me. When we got back my Sis in law
said the BIB had been to the house today looking for me. They had questioned her
about my visa status and did she know where my passport was? They left empty handed, and never said they would return, nor did they ask her to get me to report to a police station.
I entered last month on a Non O Multi, issued by the Thai Embassy in London.

There is a thread on TV saying that IO"s are visiting Farangs in and around Ubon. Had a visit about 5 years ago in Surin when they also took my (smudged) fingerprints

There is a thread on TV saying that IO"s are visiting Farangs in and around Ubon. Had a visit about 5 years ago in Surin when they also took my (smudged) fingerprints

Nothing to worry about if nothing has been done "under the table"

About 5 years' ago, I remember that the local Mayor visited to complete a form as he was doing a survey of foreigners in our Tambon. Nothing since then.

The owner of our place came last night asking for a copy of my passport and visa, said that he needs to hand it into the local police or he will be fined 8,000THB and I would be fined 8,000thb and my partner fined another 8,000thb.

First thing this morning I photo copied my visa and passport and handed over the paperwork.

The owner of our place came last night asking for a copy of my passport and visa, said that he needs to hand it into the local police or he will be fined 8,000THB and I would be fined 8,000thb and my partner fined another 8,000thb.

First thing this morning I photo copied my visa and passport and handed over the paperwork.

Lying twat. He gets fined. Not you or your partner. But you did the correct thing.

Seems like martial law is getting a lot of people of their collective arse. It looks like Immigration are actually doing the job they are paid to do - enforce the law and follow the regulations.

Seems like martial law is getting a lot of people of their collective arse. It looks like Immigration are actually doing the job they are paid to do - enforce the law and follow the regulations.

Sorry to report that in my area your last sentence is miles of the mark......yet another report today of a chap who had to follow undocumented and non regulated regulations just to remain here..

Back