VILLAGE THAIS UNABLE TO PLAN THEIR FINANCES

Prakhonchai Nick

You chose a custom title
This morning, my wife and I have received requests from 2 villagers for loans.

The first, 20,000bt to pay for life insurance renewal and the 2nd to pay for insurance renewal on the truck and new tyres

Both clearly knew these renewals had to be paid annually, and that servicing and repairs to motor vehicles crop up at regular intervals but did not plan. Money put away each month would cover the expenses, but NO. Incapable of thinking past the next day. No problem however supplying food to the Monks every morning!!!!!!!!!!!

We duly denied the loan requests

The first, 20,000bt to pay for life insurance renewal and the 2nd to pay for insurance renewal on the truck and new tyres

Both clearly knew these renewals had to be paid annually, and that servicing and repairs to motor vehicles crop up at regular intervals but did not plan. Money put away each month would cover the expenses, but NO. Incapable of thinking past the next day. No problem however supplying food to the Monks every morning!!!!!!!!!!!

Forward planning not in their DNA.

About 3 months ago, Pats sister requested to borrow a large sum on a short term.
I hummed and haaded but eventually agreed.
The moneys came back 3 weeks later with B2,000 interest, fine by me.

You know from first hand experience that tambooning for the monks in the morning brings back good fortune....... :)

About 3 months ago, Pats sister requested to borrow a large sum on a short term.
I hummed and haaded but eventually agreed.
The moneys came back 3 weeks later with B2,000 interest, fine by me.
Dealing with family has always been ok for me but outsiders is a different matter.

Dealing with family has always been ok for me but outsiders is a different matter.
Once the extended family members that were never seen for years/decades by a wife with a new farang hubbie come crawling out of the woodwork. Every one of them needs a 'loan', because hey, they are family. Just tell wife to tell them all to buzz off or you will buzz off.

Back