Visa Agent Surin

CO-CO

Rather wrinkly & occasionally cantankerous member
Not my sphere of operation but someone is looking for a local agent - do they exist locally?

I now wish to apply for retirement to Thailand (from UK), and thought that the process now more compliant.

I attempted the online (3 months) visa requirement as a starting point for getting the retirement visa.

It demanded a copy of three months fully paid up in advance hotel reservation. Unreasonable for me.

I have decided to apply for Tourist Visa and then extend whilst using a local agent to organise it all for me..

Have I got all that right?

Can anybody recommend a reliable agent in Surin (Isaan) area?

Grateful for any assistance.

In short, no! I am unaware of any visa agents operating in the Surin area. As always, the best way is the proper way. Come in on a 3-month tourist visa, season money in the bank (800,000), and go along to see your friendly immigration officer in Surin 4 weeks before the visa expires. I believe that is the way to get an extension of stay based on retirement. That assumes he meets all other criteria.

In short, no! I am unaware of any visa agents operating in the Surin area. As always, the best way is the proper way. Come in on a 3-month tourist visa, season money in the bank (800,000), and go along to see your friendly immigration officer in Surin 4 weeks before the visa expires. I believe that is the way to get an extension of stay based on retirement. That assumes he meets all other criteria.
Well there is the best and proper way and then there is the brown paper bag way. :)

That is not what the poster asked - I suspect he knows that, but wants to do what thousands of others do and use an agent.

There is a lady in my local Imm office who does retirement extentions 'under the table' for around 15 >20k.

There is one Officer (or more) in Surin also. If one wishes to "pay under the table" then there are members on here that will advise where and how much. Private messages may be more appropriate for this procedure.

I remember the same poster warning me loose lips sink ships.

Do you not think that exposure may reduce or even stamp out this corrupt activity?

For the past 20 plus years I've religiously complied with the official rules which have been more stringent almost every one of those years. Whereas I could have easily paid ฿15,000.00 to ฿25,000.00 p.a. to circumvent the rules I chose not to encourage blatant corruption (and save a few bob at the same time).

Not my sphere of operation but someone is looking for a local agent - do they exist locally?

I now wish to apply for retirement to Thailand (from UK), and thought that the process now more compliant.

I attempted the online (3 months) visa requirement as a starting point for getting the retirement visa.

It demanded a copy of three months fully paid up in advance hotel reservation. Unreasonable for me.

I have decided to apply for Tourist Visa and then extend whilst using a local agent to organise it all for me..

Have I got all that right?

Can anybody recommend a reliable agent in Surin (Isaan) area?

Grateful for any assistance.

Heard it from the grape vine that the builder who is anti vax is Z one.

Do you not think that exposure may reduce or even stamp out this corrupt activity?

For the past 20 plus years I've religiously complied with the official rules which have been more stringent almost every one of those years. Whereas I could have easily paid ฿15,000.00 to ฿25,000.00 p.a. to circumvent the rules I chose not to encourage blatant corruption (and save a few bob at the same time).
And Yorky I respect you for it. I too wear long trousers when I go to immigration.

I would like to add that a number of nameless members of the forum chose the optional route and they have my respect as well.

These past couple of years have been difficult for many and I believe all the members of the forum provide a greater benefit to Thailand and their families if they are here whether they have the required sum seasoned as required.

Do you know what the salary is for a two-stripe Immigration officer and do you know how much that is supplemented from corrupt activities.

If you can answer both questions with any degree of intelligent guesswork, then you would not ask that question.

Who are the main beneficiaries of such 'illegal' activity?

My favourite fact to throw in in these discussions is that the corruptly obtained extension stamp, obtained via an Immigration office, is as valid as your whiter than white stamp obtained via conventional channels.

The direct corruption from an IO helped my family this year. A Covid extension (no questions/paperwork) was granted for 3,000 Baht each. This was financially beneficial - and convenient. The IO pocketed 2 x 1,100 Baht for a 10 minute transaction. Everybody happy and another example of where corruption is OK when it suits us

And Yorky I respect you for it. I too wear long trousers when I go to immigration.

I would like to add that a number of nameless members of the forum chose the optional route and they have my respect as well.

These past couple of years have been difficult for many and I believe all the members of the forum provide a greater benefit to Thailand and their families if they are here whether they have the required sum seasoned as required.

If expats cannot afford to show the perfectly reasonable financial requirements (not sure if I agree with retirement being double the married figure - I spend a lot less down here when Jip is not with me!) then my sympathy levels are fairly low

Not being able to provide less than £1,000 pm income, or tied up capital of less than £10,000 is not a great position after 40 years of working.

That said, I have seen someone 'live' in 8,000 Baht pm.

I can fully understand someone who has the wherewithal, but chooses not to have to deal with Immigration.

If ex-pats cannot afford to show the perfectly reasonable financial requirements (not sure if I agree with retirement being double the married figure - I spend a lot less down here when Jip is not with me!) then my sympathy levels are fairly low

Not being able to provide less than £1,000 pm income, or tied up capital of less than £10,000 is not a great position after 40 years of working.

That said, I have seen someone 'live' at 8,000 Baht pm.

I can fully understand someone who has the wherewithal but chooses not to have to deal with Immigration.
My friend, I have met at least 2 of the individuals, both very pleasant guys and for personal reasons chose the option.

One is a long-time forum member that does not post (I can't imagine why someone would not want to dive into such a judgemental pool) and one is a popular regular contributor.

I am surprised you would post about your lack of sympathy for their situation without knowing it.

A number of Thai farang couples were suddenly separated by the pandemic, it is none of my business if someone prefers to leave their pension in their home country or if an American University tuition cheque is required at an difficult moment.

I believe you will likely cross paths with one of the two if you have not already.

Back