Visa for Thai National to visit Spain

ColinW

Surin relic
I have just spent a fruitless couple of hours trying to start this process.

Until December 2016 visas were handled by VFS Global but now there is a notice saying that they no longer handle applications for Spain and their Spanish Help Desk would close on 31.12.16

The Spanish Embassy website is unhelpful on this issue.

I have e mailed them asking for guidance but I wondered if any members had recent experience of applying for Spanish/Schengen Tourist visas.

I trust that you're not going in the near future Colin. It's snowing in Murcia at the moment:

24518_region-of-murcia-on-snow-alert-as-bad-weather-hits-spain_1_large.jpg

It's got just 2 1/2 months to thaw out before I get there................

Just done Jip's.

I applied via VfS to the Dutch embassy with a fictitious itinerary.

I would strongly suggest doing the same after reading some of these. (the Spanish embassy are bastards!)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/963548-travel-to-spain/

How did applying to the Dutch Embassy work?
Did you not need to present an airline ticket flying into Holland? We are flying into Barcelona
Chat more tomorrow at 214

My sister sent me a picture showing the snow in Denia but when I spoke to her earlier she said it had turned to rain.

A few years ago, whilst living in England, my wife needed a Schengen visa to visit Spain. The Spanish embassy in London was also extremely unhelpful. She eventually got the visa from the German embassy by a postal application which only took a couple of days. Although Germany should have been her first port of entry into the Schengen zone, Spanish immigration didn't question it. The visa was also free to a spouse of an EU citizen.

Back