Visa Number on Re-Entry

W

Wombat

I recently returned to Thailand from a short holiday in Oz. I filled out the arrival card and, where it asked for the Visa number, I put the number of my Non Immigrant O visa that was issued to me about 3 years ago in Oz, the one that I get annual extensions for.

Anyway, I gave my passport to the IO and he handed it back and said I had the wrong visa number on the card, turns out I should have put the number from my re-entry permit on the card.

Is he right?

I recently returned to Thailand from a short holiday in Oz. I filled out the arrival card and, where it asked for the Visa number, I put the number of my Non Immigrant O visa that was issued to me about 3 years ago in Oz, the one that I get annual extensions for.

Anyway, I gave my passport to the IO and he handed it back and said I had the wrong visa number on the card, turns out I should have put the number from my re-entry permit on the card.

Is he right?

Yes he is correct. That O-visa had expired many moons back.

how can it get extended if it is expired?

You never left and returned on your original visa ,you left and returned on a Re-Entry Permit which was issued on the basis of a yearly permission to stay .
A Re-Entry Permit has a number and when arriving back into Thailand, you must note the re-entry permit number on the Immigration arrivals card .

OK, understood........sort of.

It takes a while but you will catch on.:D My last visa was an O-Multy based on marriage from KL in 2011. In 2012 I did my last border hop hear at Chong Chom and got my final 90 day extension (15 months total). The last 45 days of that final extension of my O-visa I started the conversion over to a marriage extension at Korat, KCI was not opened YET. For the past 5 years I have been 5 extensions based on marriage. The last time I departed Thailand was 2013 and when I returned it was the number of the Re-entry Permit that I put on the TM-6.:rolleyes:

It takes a while but you will catch on.:D My last visa was an O-Multy based on marriage from KL in 2011. In 2012 I did my last border hop hear at Chong Chom and got my final 90 day extension (15 months total). The last 45 days of that final extension of my O-visa I started the conversion over to a marriage extension at Korat, KCI was not opened YET. For the past 5 years I have been 5 extensions based on marriage. The last time I departed Thailand was 2013 and when I returned it was the number of the Re-entry Permit that I put on the TM-6.:rolleyes:
GL, KCI was open many years before ,I went there for the 1st time around 2003.Later on it was closed for around 3 years ,when you had to go to Chok Chai and after that to the pottery village to register.Sadly when it reopened the very pretty Dow didn't return either!

GL, KCI was open many years before ,I went there for the 1st time around 2003.Later on it was closed for around 3 years ,when you had to go to Chok Chai and after that to the pottery village to register.Sadly when it reopened the very pretty Dow didn't return either!

Some old timers say that originally it was in Kap Choeng Police Department Office.

Back