Wagyu Noodle Restaurant

Yorky

Fullritis Member
Heading toward Sangkha on 2071 just after Salak Dai traffic lights there's a restaurant on the left (only around 60 metres or so) which serves excellent beef noodles (reportedly). However, I'd be surprised if it was Kobe beef as indicated.

Any reports?

Heading toward Sangkha on 2071 just after Salak Dai traffic lights there's a restaurant on the left (only around 60 metres or so) which serves excellent beef noodles (reportedly). However, I'd be surprised if it was Kobe beef as indicated.

Any reports?

I've heard from a few people now that it's very good, not cheap, but not over the top either. Need to give it a try.

Wagu cattle are raised here in Thailand just like Angus and Wagu cattle raising in Texas so it would qualify as "Kobe". It's obviously not being imported from Japan.

^^^ Joe what food did you partake of ?

Beef noodle soup or are you talking steak ?

^^^ Joe what food did you partake of ?

Beef noodle soup or are you talking steak ?
I just had the beef noodle soup. They also have steak meals with French fries and garlic bread. There is also electric grills and hot pots if you want to order the meat and cook it yourself at the table. They also have pork for the non-beef eaters which was good for my wife. I also saw that they had Beef Krapow which is one of my favorites. I think I will try it next.

I was there today and captured a few images:

wagyu noodle sign.jpg

The roadside sign.

wagyu surin.jpg

The restaurant with outside seating.

wagyu beef cuts.jpg

The beef cuts. He does not stock them all necessarily, so it would be prudent to check first for any specific cut.

A cut of sirloin (frozen). This cut was virtually 700 gms and sells for Bht 900.00.

wagyu sirloin.jpg

The beef noodle soup (at Bht 45.00 portion).

wagyu beef noodles.jpg

The beef was tender and tasty. Not much of it but for Bht 45.00 you cannot expect any more. I shall definitely be returning to buy probably the cuts for cooking at home.

Last edited:
It looks very good.

However, with many Thais preferring not to or even refusing to eat beef, can it last?

Surprising you should say that. My wife, only in the last month, has stopped eating beef.

However, the restaurant does sell pork dishes although the menu is in Thai so I don't know what. I went purely for the beef.

3 of us had lunch at Surin Wagyu yesterday, consisting of beef noodle soup, pork noodle soup, and a mixture of stewed beef with meatballs.

It was all delicious!

Apart from that, the place was spotlessly clean, and the owner - who farms the wagyu beef - was helpful as well as interesting. He will sell the meat to you for home consumption if you wish, and is the wholesaler to several outlets including Monkey Coffee on the klong.

He also stocks Hoegaarden for those who like it.

10/10! We'll be back there soon for steaks (with pork steaks available too.)

Back