Water pump repairs.

Tom P

Hi All. I need a bearing replacing on a surface well pump. Anyone know of a repair shop?

We know of a mobile pump repair man who may be able to help - 081 725 3492 (I believe he doesn't speak English).
After seeing this post, we called (well actually the brains of the outfit called - SWMBO) him on Tuesday. He booked us in for 10:00am today. Called at 10:00 to say he was just leaving Surin for Ayong now. A phone call to say he was running late... never happens in Australia. Arrived slightly after 11:00. Diagnosed the pump was U/S. Fitted a replacement & modified the inlet / outlet piping to make it easier on the pump. All done by 14:30. Total cost $5,500 THB. Workmanship on par with general Thai quality - so, so. Service efficiency 100% - very impressed. While he was there I pulled the old pump down just to check. A new set of bearings and it will be as good as new - he quoted me 2,000 THB to do this - the new pump was 3,500 THB. Will make a good back up / 2nd pump for the property.

He was recommended by Danny from Bamboozled, just down the road from me. He has taken our downhole pump away in the tuk-tuk, replaced an internal seal and brought it back the next day (฿800.00). He has removed the leaking shite installed by the water board and replaced it with decent fittings for around ฿500.00 including materials, and installed a new pressure pump (that I bought) for ฿500.00.

The new is on the left which replaced similar to that on the right.

1646309994653.png

Back